NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Political Science Chapter 4 - New Centres of Power
95. What Are the Components of the Asean Vision 2020?
Ans. The Asean Vision 2020 (also called the Honoi plan of action) came out in 1997. Its components are:
- An outward looking role of the ASEAN in the international community.
- Negotiation over conflicts in the region. It mediated the end of the Cambodian conflict and the East Timor Crisis.
- Discussion of cooperation among East Asian Nations.
96. In what ways does the present Chinese economy differ from its command economy?
Ans. The present Chinese economy has adopted the ‘open-door policy to generate higher productivity by investments of capital and technology. It differed from its command economy in the following manner:
- It broke the stagnancy of the command economy.
- Command economy lagged behind industrial production but the Chinese economy recovered it by the privatisation of agriculture and industry.
- The present Chinese economy established new trading laws and created Special Economic Zones leading to a higher rise in foreign trade. During Command economy
the international trade was minimal and per capita income was very low.
97. Arrange the following in chronological order.
98. The ‘ASEAN Way’:
99. Which of the following nations adopted an ‘open door’ policy?
(b) South Korea
Ans. (a) China
100. Fill in the blanks:
(a) The border conflict between China and India in 1962 was principally over________and _________region.
Ans. Arunachal Pradesh and Aksai Chin
(b) ARF was established in the year __________.
(c) China entered into bilateral relations with __________ (a major country) in 1972.
Ans. United States
(d) ____________ Plan influenced the establishment of the Organisation for European Economic Cooperation in 1948.
Ans. Marshall Plan
(e) ___________ is the organisation of ASEAN that deals with security.
Ans. Asian Regional Forum