CBSE English Sample Paper Class 10 2023-24 with Solutions
To help students score good marks, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has released CBSE Sample Paper Class 10.
As you might already know, class 10 is an integral phase of the academic curriculum of any student. In India, it is the final year of the secondary-level education a student receives in a school.
Of course, there’s the added pressure to perform the best, and that’s why we at Oswal Publishers have launched the Oswal – Gurukul has prepared CBSE English Sample Paper Class 10. Studying from these English sample papers for class 10 with solutions, students will be able to score well as these test papers for class 10 are suggested by subject matter experts and teachers.
The class 10 sample paper of English has questions and unsolved and solved English sample papers for class 10 with solutions 2021, English class 10 sample paper 2021-22, and CBSE sample paper 2021 class 10 English with solutions that will help students properly understand the 2024 board exam format.
The class 10 English question paper is as per the revised syllabus, so if you’ve solved the sample paper of English class 10 term 2 or class 10 English term 1 sample paper, you would know that CBSE Class 10 English sample paper 2023 will be a bit different as the board has reduced the syllabus a bit.
The English question paper includes important questions that will help you understand the question pattern. What’s great is that the book has English class 10 term 2 sample paper and a sample paper of English class 10 2021, which are a thorough guide to improving your practice.
The CBSE sample paper 2023-24 class 10 has English sample paper class 10 term 2, 10th English question paper 2022, CBSE English sample paper 2021, and English sample paper class 10 term 2. Along with those, it also features a CBSE sample paper 2021-22 class 10 with solutions.
The subjects included in this CBSE sample paper 2023-24 class 10, a model question paper for class 10 with answers, cover all the important points to study.
To help students prepare for their English exam properly, Oswal – Gurukul’s CBSE Class 10 sample question papers of English is a must practice before the 2024 board exam. All the questions are based on previous years’ sample paper class 10 2021 term 1, English sample paper class 10 2021, English sample paper term 2 class 10, and the last couple of years’ question pattern so that students don’t develop anxiety or fear about the exam.
To give an overview of the actual exam pattern, CBSE officially publishes the CBSE English Sample Paper Class 10 for the 2023-24 exam for all subjects every year.
The CBSE sample question paper class 10 is designed per the revised syllabus. Also, the marking scheme and answer key for each CBSE 10 sample paper is readily available.
Boards 2024 for class 10 is already nearing, so students must start practicing English questions from the CBSE sample paper for class 10, and Oswal Publishers has the right study resource.
To make things easier to understand, this book features questions from the English question paper 2021 class 10 with lots of questions that class 10 sample papers 2021 and 22 had, as the CBSE sample paper 2021-22 class 10 was one of the toughest questions.
After solving these CBSE English Sample Paper Class 10, students will be sufficient enough to tackle tough questions in the exam. Solving these model question papers in class 10, students will have better confidence and have a fairer idea of the questions to be asked in the exam.
Advantages of Solving CBSE English Sample Paper Class 10
Class 10 is an integral phase of the academic curriculum of any student. In India, it is the final year of the secondary-level education a student receives in a school.
Of course, there’s the added pressure to perform the best, and that’s why we at Oswal Publishers have launched the Oswal – Gurukul has prepared CBSE class 10 English sample paper, based on questions of English sample paper class 10 term 2 in 2022, CBSE English sample paper term 2, and sample paper class 10 English 2021-22 with solutions term 2.
Studying from these CBSE Class 10 English Sample Paper, students will be able to score well as these class 10 English question papers are suggested by subject matter experts and teachers.
There are many advantages of solving CBSE English Sample Paper Class 10. Here are 7 of them:
- Helps identify which sample paper class 10 English chapters you need to improve upon.
- Guides you to manage time better.
- Allows you to focus more on your strengths and weaknesses.
- Gain a better understanding of the probable questions that might come.
- Solving sample papers boost your confidence.
- Whether you’re looking to check English term 2 sample paper class 10 or CBSE sample paper 2021, this book has a few solved and unsolved question papers that will help you understand the pattern properly.
- The book has detailed explanations from experts and subject matter authority for your better understanding.
We at Oswal – Gurukul provide CBSE Class 10 sample papers with solutions. These sample papers are prepared by teachers who are experts in their fields to improve the academic performance of students in their board 2023-24 and have fully solved questions based on the new specimen.
Oswal Publishers has been providing helpful study materials, English question papers, and our sample papers have helped 1000+ students to score 90+ in their exams.
All our sample papers, textbooks, question banks, and last year's solved papers are provided with solutions to help you to revise the complete syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
CBSE English Sample Paper Class 10 Year Wise Download PDF
CBSE Class 10 English Sample Paper 2023-24: Marking Scheme
CBSE Class 10 English paper contains 3 sections– READING, GRAMMAR & WRITING and LITERATURE.
- Section A tests the Reading carrying 20 marks each.
- Section B carrying 20 marks each, tests creative writing and grammar
- Section C - Carrying 40 marks, tests Literature.
So, the theory is 80 marks and 20 marks for internal assessment.
CBSE English Sample Paper Class 10 - Section-wise Marks Distribution
For CBSE Class 10 Marking Scheme, English theory will be 80 marks for final board exam and internal assessment will be for 20 marks.
- The question paper will have 3 parts: Reading, Writing/Grammar & Literature.
- Time allotted: 3 hrs
- Questions will be the objective, MCQ, essay/letter writing
|Section B||Grammar & Creative writing||20|
CBSE Class 10 English Exam Pattern
English board exam paper class 10 in 2023 will be different than what it was in 2021 and 2022. As per the revised 2023 syllabus, the CBSE’s main focus is to find out how you have used specific skills in your studies and how you approach certain problems.
Section A’s Reading Skills (20 marks) will test:
- Discursive passage of 400-450 words. (10 marks)
- Case-based passage (with visual input- statistical data, chart, etc.) of 200-250 words. (10 Marks)
- MCQs and OTQs to judge inference, analysis, interpretation, evaluation, and vocabulary.
Section B’s Grammar & Creative Writing (20 marks) will test:
- Grammar and the right use of spelling and punctuation. 10 out of 12 questions are to be attempted. (10 marks)
- The creative writing section will test long writing tasks, including a composition.
- You may also be required to write a formal letter of 5 marks.
- Second, you’ll be required to write an analytical paragraph in about 100-120 words based on the question/diagram. This will be of 5 marks.
Section C’s Literature will test:
- Reference to the Context
- One extract out of two from drama/prose.
- One extract out of two from poetry.
Short, very long, MCQs & OTQs will be asked to assess inference, understanding, analysis, interpretation, evaluation, and vocabulary.
How to Download CBSE English Sample Paper Class 10?
If you’ve practiced using the CBSE English sample paper term 2, or class 10 English sample paper 2021,or have friends or siblings who gave 2022 or 2021 board exam, you might know that CBSE [ublishes sample English papers every year.
You can download those from CBSE’s official site. But if you want to practice more, buy Oswal – Gurukul’s sample paper class 10 for English.
CBSE Class 10 English Preparation Tips
- Practice using as many CBSE class 10 English sample papers as possible because that will help you understand the question pattern and make you confident.
- Get well-versed with the syllabus, start making a study schedule, and stick to it.
- Manage your time properly, and spend only a little time on one question. Attempt questions you find easy and then go on to the difficult ones.
- Give as many mock tests as possible and solve good sample papers from reputed brands, like Oswal Publishers.
- Check the English sample papers for class 10 with solutions and assess your strengths and weaknesses.
With only a few months left for the CBSE board exams 2024, students should start putting all their efforts into studying!
FAQs - CBSE English Sample Paper Class 10
Ans: Yes, you should practice with as many English sample papers as possible because the more you practice, the better you will become. Practice using reputed brands, like Oswal Publishers, whose Oswal – Gurukul series has the best of the sample papers as per the revised format.
Ans: The English term 2 sample paper class 10 of 2022 was different as the syllabus was different. The 2024 board syllabus and marking scheme are slightly different, so you must practice using 2023 English sample papers.
Ans: Yes, CBSE has released its English sample paper class 10 with solutions. The sample question papers are available on the CBSE official website. Alternatively, you can also practice solving sample papers from Oswal Publishers.
Ans: You can buy 2023’s Engish sample paper from Oswal – Gurukul. Their Oswal – Gurukul’s sample paper series is a good resource that is prepared by qualified teachers and subject matter experts.