CBSE Class 10 Social Science Sample Paper 2023-24 with Solutions
The CBSE has released its CBSE class 10 Social Science sample paper, along with marking scheme and answer key. Like the CBSE published its social science code 087 sample question paper 2020-21 with answers, sample paper class 10 social science 2021-22 with solutions, and social science class 10 term 2 sample paper, this year, the pattern is revised as per the new syllabus of 2023.
If you’ve solved the SST sample paper class 10 2021 with solutions, you know that the 2024 board exam syllabus has been revised. So to help students prepare for the exams, CBSE has released the class 10th SST sample paper.
It’s not new that CBSE releases helpful sample papers for all class 10 CBSE subjects. The practice paper class 10 social science has been prepared by expert teachers. If you look at the CBSE sample paper 2021 class 10 SST with solution, you’ll understand how it helped students who appeared for the 2022 board exam at that time to understand the pattern.
So, to help students ace their board 2024 exams, this year, too, it has released the CBSE class 10th SST sample paper for students to strengthen their preparation strategy.
It’s hardly a few months left for the 2024 board, so you might already know that solving with sample paper class 10 social science 2021-22 with solutions, class 10 social science sample paper 2021, or sample paper of SST class 10 term 2 is not enough. You must use as many study resources apart from the CBSE SST sample paper class 10 solved series to ace your exam.
Class 10 is an integral phase of any student’s academic life in India. It is the final year of secondary-level education, so scoring good marks is important because that forms a base in helping you select the course/subjects you want to pursue in +2 and then in your college.
We understand that there’s added pressure to perform the best, so we at Oswal Publishers have launched the Oswal – Gurukul social science class 10 sample paper for CBSE students.
Studying from these class 10 sample paper 2023-24 social science, students will be able to score well as these 10th social science sample papers are prepared by subject matter experts and teachers.
Benefits Importance of Solving CBSE Class 10 Social Science Sample Paper
As passing the CBSE 10th board is a milestone in any student’s academic phase, you must do everything to ensure you reach your targetted score.
You may have already referred to the sample paper class 10 term 2 SST, class 10 social science question paper 2021 pdf, or the sample paper of SST class 10 2022. So you might be aware of the question paper format.
But as per the revised syllabus, you must make the best use of the CBSE class 10 SST sample papers to strengthen your study preparation.
There are many benefits of solving the CBSE SST sample paper 2022 class 10 standard with solution. They help you identify the probable questions that may come in the exam and guide you to prepare strategically.
Here are 5 benefits of adding solving class 10 sample paper 2023-24 SST in your preparation tactics:
- Practicing with class 10 SST sample paper 2021 to manage time properly as that will help you understand.
- It helps you identify which sample paper class 10 SST topics or chapters you need to improve upon.
- You can analyze which areas you should focus on more.
- Gain a better understanding of the question patterns.
- Solving with as many social science sample paper class 10 or class 10 social science question paper will boost your confidence.
This class 10 social science question paper has fully solved questions based on the new specimen.
Oswal – Gurukul is providing CBSE Class 10 sample papers with solutions. These CBSE social science sample papers are prepared by teachers who are experts in their fields to improve the academic performance of students in their board 2023-24.
Whether you’re looking to check the CBSE SST sample paper 2021 class 10, this book has a few solved and unsolved question papers that will help you understand the pattern properly.
Oswal Publishers has been providing helpful study materials, SST question papers, and SST model question paper class 10 for students for the past few years. These sample papers have helped thousands of students score 90+ in their exams.
All our sample papers, textbooks, question banks, and last year's solved papers are provided with solutions to help you to revise the complete syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
CBSE Social Science Sample Paper Class 10 Year Wise Download PDF
CBSE Class 10 Social Science Sample Paper 2023-24: Marking Scheme
CBSE Class 10 Social Science (087) question paper comprises 6 Sections – A–F
- Section A – 20 questions carrying 1 mark each.
- Section B – 3 Very Short Answer Type Questions, carrying 2 marks
- Section C – 4 Short Answer Type Questions, carrying 3 marks each.
- Section D – 3 Long Answer Type Questions, carrying 5 marks each.
- Section-E - 3 case-based questions are of 4 marks each.
- Section F – Question no. 37 is map-based, carrying 5 marks with two parts
Unit-wise Marks Distribution Class 10 Social Science
Social Science is considered as one of the most easy-to-score subjects.
To help you score the desired marks, check out this chapter-wise marks distribution of class 10 Social Science.
Here is a tabular form of unit-wise marks distribution for class 10 Social Science:
|1||India & Contemporary World II||20|
|2||Contemporary India - II||20|
|4||Understanding Economic Development||20|
Internal assessment is of 20 marks.
These chapter-wise and topic-wise markings have been provided so that students don’t find it difficult to study. There are some previous year’s Social Science board exam paper class 10 model tests papers that you students can refer to understand core concepts.
If you’re still unaware of the complete Social Science syllabus, first read that and then start solving the Social Science model for class 10 from Oswal – Gurukul.
CBSE Class 10 Social Science Exam Pattern
The 2023’s Social Science board exam paper class 10 will be different than what it was in 2021 and 2022. As per the revised 2023 syllabus, the CBSE focuses on competency-based questions. These questions aim to find out how you have used specific skills in your studies and how you approach certain problems.
CBSE class 10 Social Science sample papers in 2023 will have 40% weightage to multiple-choice questions, 20% weightage to competency-based questions, and 40% weightage on subjective-type questions.
This type of exam pattern began this year to remove the concept of rote learning and encourage students to gain more practical knowledge that they can use in real life.
CBSE Class 10 Social Science Sample Question Paper Design
As per the sample paper released by CBSE, the Social Science question paper includes 37 questions divided into 6 parts:
- 20 MCQs
- 3 very short answer type (VSA) Questions
- 4 short answer-II (SA-II)
- 3 long answers (LA)
- 3 case-based questions
- 1 map-based question
CBSE Class 10 Social Science Sample Question Paper Design
You can download the CBSE class 10 Social Science sample paper from CBSE’s official site.
But to practice more, buy Oswal – Gurukul’s sample paper class 10 Social Science.
7 Study Tips for CBSE Class 10 Social Science Exam
Now that you know the 2023 question pattern, marking scheme, and other important information regarding Social Science sample paper class 10, here are a few study tips that might help in your board preparation:
- Familiarize yourself with theories: SOcial science primarily is a theoretical subject so remembering all the dates and information might be boring, but it need not be always difficult. Don’t cram. Read the chapters and make your own notes.
- Practice using as many CBSE class 10 Social Science sample papers as possible. Doing that will help you understand the question pattern and make you confident.
- Always test yourself. Give yourself weekly exams by solving last year’s question papers or solved sample papers and assess your progress.
- Practice writing long-hand because in an exam, most students often get tired and thus forget the answers, as they’re habituated to studying from computers or digital devices.
- Map is a scoring question, so be accurate in map-pointing and carefully go through all the diagrams and maps. Manage your time properly, and do not spend too much time on one question only.
- Answer questions that you know first.
- Make a study schedule and stick to it.
With only a few months left for the CBSE board exams 2023, students should start putting all their efforts into studying!
7 FAQs - CBSE Class 10 Social Science Sample Paper
Ans: Yes, CBSE has released its Social Science sample paper class 10 with solutions. The sample question papers are available on the CBSE official website.
Ans: You can buy 2023’s Science sample paper from Oswal – Gurukul. Their Oswal – Gurukul’s sample paper series is a good resource that is prepared by qualified teachers and subject matter experts.
Ans: To score full marks in Social Science exam, you must:
- Know the entire revised syllabus properly.
- Solve CBSE Class 10 Social Science sample papers to strengthen your preparation.
- Make a proper study schedule and revise the chapters every week.
- Stay away from distractions, like social media, and focus on acing your exam.
Ans: Undoubtedly, Oswal Publisher’s Oswal – Gurukul has the best sample papers as those are prepared as per the revised syllabus, and the questions are arranged as per the most likely questions that might come in board 2024.
Ans: Anything worth having will take effort and practice, so you cannot keep questioning yourself if it will be tough or not. If you prepare well using these CBSE class 10 Social Science sample papers that we have suggested, scoring good marks will not be tough, and you’ll do well in board 2024.
Ans: As per the sample papers released by CBSE for the 10th board exams 2023, the format of the paper is: 40% MCQs, 40% short/long answer type questions, and the remaining 20% of the questions would be competency-based.
Ans: A few tips and tricks based on the advice and preparation strategy of previous students, here are a few:
- Prepare notes for each chapter.
- Practice getting better at map-pointing.
- Memorize using mnemonics to memorise facts, people’s names and dates.
- Connecting details to relate between the facts and taking numerous practice tests.