CBSE English Sample Paper Class 12 2023-24 with Solutions
Like every year, the CBSE has released the sample papers for class 12 English 2023-24. CBSE English sample paper class 12 is a study resource that the CBSE has shared to help students of class 12 prepare for their board exams in 2024 properly. Students might wonder why they need to study with sample papers when they can study with textbooks, NCERT books, and last year’s solved question paper.
But the importance of studying with the sample paper of English class 12 CBSE 2023-24 with solutions lies in the fact that it serves as a self-help study resource and guide that includes model questions, answers, preparation tips, guidance from teachers and experts, strategies, suggestions, methods, modules, and techniques to help students prepare confidently for their class 12 board exam 2024.
We all know that scoring good marks in the class 12 board exam is very important. It is because good marks lay the foundation of class 12 students' academic careers and prepare them to establish their foothold to select the course of their liking or pursue a profession they desire.
Class 12 is the phase where it marks the stepping stone in a student’s life to understand which field they are interested in pursuing.
In the cut-throat competition, it becomes important for them to excel in their board exam as different colleges, institutes, and universities have strict qualifying criteria for admission.
Due to all these reasons, a class 12 CBSE student must ensure to make the most of their class 12 board’s marks to get admission to the institute of their liking for their bachelor's.
To make this happen, they must rely on practicing with as many study resources as possible. And one such helpful study resource is sample papers. With respect to studying with sample papers, they strengthen a student’s preparation strategy as it is a reliable source of testing your knowledge and knowing how well you are prepared for the exam.
The CBSE for class 12 student’s benefit has released a series of sample papers, and English question paper for class 12 PDF is available to download from their website. Practicing with this CBSE class 12 English sample paper will make students confident and gain experience before attempting the final board exam 2024.
Whichever stream you’re in, since English is a compulsory subject, you have to score good marks in it. Studying with sample paper class 12 English 2024 with solutions is important for boards 2024 as that will help you understand the question pattern properly. And this CBSE sample paper 2023-24 class 12 English is the perfect companion to help students strengthen their preparation strategy.
|For PCM Science Students||Buy Oswal – Gurukul’s PCM Sample question Paper book that features 6 solved and 1 unsolved English sample paper.|
|For PCB Science Students||Buy Oswal – Gurukul’s PCB Sample question Paper book that features 6 solved and 1 unsolved English sample paper.|
|For Commerce Students||Buy Oswal – Gurukul’s Commerce Sample question Paper book that features 6 solved and 1 unsolved English sample paper.|
|For Humanities Students||Buy Oswal – Gurukul’s Humanities Sample question Paper book that features 6 solved and 1 unsolved English sample paper.|
If you’re like many students, you must have seen or at least solved the English sample paper class 12 term 1, or questions from English sample paper class 12 2021, English sample paper class 12 term 2, English sample paper class 12 2021 term 1 or term 2. So, you might have a rough idea of the questions, right?
No doubt that practicing from those English model papers is helpful, the CBSE has revised its 2023 syllabus, so the questions that you solved in the past class 12 CBSE sample papers will be a bit different than this year’s.
That is why studying with CBSE sample paper 2023-24 class 12 English solutions is important, as it is the revised edition. And to help you with this, Oswal Publishers has prepared Oswal – Gurukul’s Sample Question Papers for English CBSE Class 12 Exam 2024.
Whichever stream you’re in, studying from this English sample paper for class 12 with solution 2023, which includes questions from class 12 English sample paper term 1, sample paper class 12 English 2021-22, English term 1 sample paper class 12, English term 2 sample paper class 12 and 2022’s English class 12 term 1 sample paper.
Whichever stream you’re in, studying from this English sample paper for class 12 with solution 2024, which includes questions from class 12 English sample paper term 1, sample paper class 12 English 2021-22, English term 1 sample paper class 12, English term 2 sample paper class 12 and 2022’s English class 12 term 1 sample paper.
If you may have studied with CBSE class 12 English sample paper 2022 or the CBSE sample paper 2021 class 12 English with solution, you know the pattern and question format. Knowing those might have helped you understand the question style, how CBSE marks each subject, and other additional details.
So, practicing with Oswal – Gurukul’s English Class 12 Sample Paper 2024 will boost your confidence, help you gain experience and comprehensively nurture you to revise thoroughly before sitting for your 2023 board exam.
This page includes all the latest CBSE Class 12 English Sample Paper 2023-24 information along with the benefits of solving CBSE sample paper for class 12, the marking scheme, details regarding chapter-wise marks distribution for class 12 English, English sample paper class 12 2024 question paper design, class 12 English sample paper 2023 solved paper specimen model test paper and a few FAQs about Oswal – Gurkul’s CBSE Sample Paper Class 12 English.
Benefits of Solving CBSE Sample Paper Class 12 English
If you’re self-studying, using English sample paper class 12 2023-24 will help you better understand how to answer properly in your board exam 2024.
Solving different questions from the English CBSE sample paper for class 12 will help you assess your strengths and weaknesses.
The English model paper 2024 class 12 has many benefits, like you have access to 6 fully solved and 1 unsolved question paper. These serve as English practice papers for class 12 as the questions are as per the latest curriculum and feature questions from the previous year’s board exams.
With regards to the English Core sample paper class 12, the syllabus includes literature, grammar, and language questions.
If you’ve read the English syllabus class 12 term 2, there’s is not much difference but yes, the syllabus for 2023 is definitely reduced and so preparing with Oswal – Gurukul’s updated 12th English sample question paper will help you navigate questions that might be asked in 2024 boards properly.
Since class 12 is a milestone in a student’s academic phase that makes you eligible for a college/career of your choice, ensure you practice diligently to reach your targeted score.
Here are 5 benefits of adding including Oswal – Gurukul’s CBSE Class 12 English Sample Paper 2024 in your preparation strategy:
- Students understand how to answer questions more strategically: The sample paper class 12 2024 English helps students understand how the questions are framed and what chapters you must focus on to make your preparation strategy diligently.
- Effectively manage your time: Repetition is the key to success. Once you start practicing with 1 solved sample paper of CBSE class 12 English, you’ll be able to understand better which topics or questions are taking most of your time, how to answer smartly. Doing this will give you the experience, and on your exam day, you can make the best use of the buffer time you’re allotted before you begin answering the questions.
- Access last-minute preparation tips and hacks: Oswal – Gurukul’s English Sample Paper come with tips, tools, and suggestions from subject matter experts to improve study techniques for board exam preparation. For ease, students can also create vision boards to establish study schedules and maintain study logs to measure their progress. We understand students must be under stress to perform optimally. Getting nervous before an exam is ok, but don’t let the nervousness consume you. Use these smart study tips to help you score 90+ on boards.
- Command over various types of questions that are asked in boards 2024: Once you start solving questions from Oswal - Gurukul’s CBSE English Sample Paper Class 12 2024, you’ll know different types of questions; MCQs, SBQs, long, short, and very short answers. All these will mold you to prepare how to answer more smartly.
- A helpful guide for self-studying: If you’ve talked to people who gave 2021 or 2022 boards, they must have told the CBSE English sample paper term 2 or the CBSE class 12 English term 1 sample paper was helpful to them. This is because solving with such sample papers gave them quicker access to well-explained answers by subject matter experts. So, including Oswal – Gurukul’s CBSE Class 12 English Sample Paper 2023-24 is a must if you’re self-studying.
CBSE English Core Sample Paper Class 12 Year Wise Download PDF
CBSE Class 12 English Sample Paper 2023-24: Marking Scheme
Class 12 sample question paper & marking scheme for English is as follows:
English Core (301)
CBSE Class 12 English Core paper contains 3 sections – READING, GRAMMAR & WRITING, and LITERATURE.
- Section A tests the reading, carrying 22 marks.
- Section B carries 18 marks each, tests creative writing and grammar
- Section C carries 40 marks and tests literature.
So, the theory is 80 marks and 20 marks for internal assessment.
Chapter-wise Marks Distribution Class 12 English
As you know, the English board exam paper class 12 in 2024 will be different than in 2021 and 2022. As per the revised 2023-24 syllabus, the CBSE’s main focus is to find out how you have used specific skills in your studies to answer them.
Here is a tabular form of chapter-wise marks distribution for class 12 English:
|Section B||Grammar & Creative writing||18|
Practice with Oswal – Gurukul’s Class 12 English Sample Paper 2024 to get more guidance on how to deal with questions more properly.
CBSE Class 12 English Exam Pattern
Section A: Reading Comprehension (22 Marks)
- Unseen passage (factual, descriptive or literary/ discursive or persuasive) – 12 marks
- Case-based unseen passage – 10 Marks
Section B: Creative Writing Skills (18 Marks)
- Write a notice up to 50 words – 4 Marks
- Write a formal/informal invitation and reply up to 50 words – 4 Marks
- Formal Letters based on verbal/visual input, to be answered in approximately 120-150 words – 5 Marks
- Article/report writing, with descriptive and analytical, based on verbal format, to be answered within 120-150 words – 5 Marks.
Section C: Literature (40 Marks)
This section will feature questions in the format of: Multiple Choice Questions, Objective Type Questions, Short Answer Type Questions, and Long Answer Types.
CBSE Class 12 English Sample Question Paper Design
Oswal – Gurukul’s solved and unsolved English sample paper class 12 for 2024 question paper design is a mix of subjective and competency-based questions:
It has MCQs, assertion-reason-based questions, Very Short Answer (VSA)-type questions, Short Answer (SA)-type questions, Long Answer (LA)-type questions, source-based/case based/passage based questions.
How to Download CBSE Sample Paper Class 12 English?
You can download the CBSE class 12 English sample paper from CBSE’s official site.
But to practice more, buy Oswal – Gurukul’s CBSE Sample Paper Class 12 English.
FAQs - CBSE Sample Paper Class 12 English
Ans: Class 12 CBSE can buy 2024’s English sample paper from Oswal Publishers. Their Oswal – Gurukul’s sample paper series is a good study material that qualified teachers, and subject matter experts prepare.
Ans: Though you can refer to NCERT books, textbooks, and previous year’s question papers, studying with sample papers will help you realize the types of questions that have higher chances of coming on board in 2024.
Ans: Oswal Publisher’s Oswal – Gurukul series has the best class 12 English Sample Papers as those are prepared as per the revised syllabus, and the questions are arranged as per the most likely questions that might come in board 2024.
Ans: Oswal – Gurukul is a leading name in creating helpful academic question papers. The CBSE class 12 English Sample Paper 2024 includes 6 solved sample papers and 1 unsolved question paper. Solving from this will help you strengthen your preparation strategy for board 2024.
Ans: The marks distributed for Class 12 English Core in the CBSE syllabus are:
- Section A (testing reading skills) 22 marks
- Section B (testing writing skills) 18 marks
- Section C (testing literature) 40 marks