CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper 2023-24 with Solutions
The CBSE has released its CBSE class 10 Science sample paper 2023-24 with solutions, along with marking scheme and answer key. Like the CBSE published its sample paper class 10 Science 2020-21 with solutions and the sample paper class 10 Science 2021-22 with solutions, this year, the pattern is revised as per the new syllabus of 2023.
What’s great about CBSE is that it releases such helpful and productive for each subjects every year, so this year’s Science class 10 sample paper is available for students to strengthen their preparation strategy for the 2024 board.
To perform best we at Oswal Publishers have launched the Gurukul 36 Sample Papers book for CBSE class 10 which is a combined book including science and other subjects.
Studying from these sample paper class 10 Science, students will be able to score well as these class 10 Science question papers are suggested by subject matter experts and teachers.
Benefits of Solving CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper
As passing the CBSE 10th board is a milestone in any student’s academic phase, you must do everything to make sure you reach your targeted score.
What makes solving sample paper of Science class 10 a must as a part of your preparation strategy is that:
- Helps identify which sample paper class 10 Science topics or chapters you need to improve upon.
- Guides you to manage time better.
- It allows you to focus more on your strengths and weaknesses.
- Gain a better understanding of the question patterns.
- Boost your confidence.
- Whether you’re looking to check Science sample paper class 10 or CBSE sample paper 2023, this book has solved and unsolved question papers that will help you understand the pattern properly.
- The book has detailed explanations from experts and subject matter authority for your better understanding.
- This Science paper class 10 fully solved questions based on the new specimen.
- And finally, these questions are focused on the topics most likely to be asked on board 2024.
We at Oswal Publishers provide CBSE Class 10 sample papers with solutions. These sample papers are prepared by teachers who are experts in their fields to improve the academic performance of students in their board 2023-24.
Oswal Publishers has been providing helpful study materials, Science question paper, class 10 term 2 Science sample papers to students for the past few years, and our sample papers have helped 1000+ students to score 90+ in their exams.
All our sample papers, textbooks, question banks, and last year's solved papers are provided with solutions to help you to revise the complete syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
The sample papers, particularly the CBSE Science sample paper with solutions, have been created according to the revised CBSE syllabus. CBSE Class 10 students would see the sample question papers as an integral resource motivating them to perform better in board 2023-24.
CBSE Science Sample Paper Class 10 Year Wise Download PDF
CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper 2023-24: Marking Scheme
Class 10 Sample Question Paper & Marking Scheme for Science (086) 2023-24 is as follow:
- The Science question paper consists of 39 questions in 5 sections – A,B,C,D & E:
- Section A consists of 20 objective type questions carrying 1 mark each.
- Section B consists of 6 Very Short questions carrying 2 marks.
- Section C consists of 7 Short Answer questions with 03 marks each.
- Section D consists of 3 Long Answer questions, each with 05 marks.
- Section E consists of 3 source-based/case-based units of assessment of 04 marks, each with sub-parts.
So, the theory is 80 marks and 20 marks for internal assessment.
Unit-wise Marks Distribution Class 10 Science
As Science is considered one of the most challenging yet scoring subjects in class 10, the division of the syllabus based on each chapter will help students to prepare more strategically.
Often, students are afraid as Science is touted as a difficult subject, but it is far away from reality. If you’re still unaware of the complete Science syllabus, first read and then start solving Science Sample Papers for class 10 from Gurukul.
Here is a tabular form of unit-wise marks distributing for class 10 Science:
|1||Chemical Substances-Nature and Behaviour||25|
|2||World of Living||25|
|4||Effects of Current||13|
This chapter-wise and topic-wise markings have been provided so that students don’t find it difficult to study Science. There are some previous year’s Science board exam paper class 10 model tests papers that you students can refer to understand core concepts.
CBSE Class 10 Science Exam Pattern
Science board exam paper class 10 in 2024 will be different than what it was in 2021- 2023. As per the revised 2023 syllabus, the CBSE’s main focus is on competency-based questions. These questions aim to find out how you have used specific skills in your studies and how you approach certain problems.
This type of question format removes the concept of rote learning and encourages students to have more practical knowledge that they can use in real life.
There will primarily be three types of question format:
- Objective-type questions with multiple-choice questions (MCQs)
- Competency based questions
- Subjective type questions
MCQs include a variety of other questions, like:
- Assertion and reasoning questions
- True and false questions
- Fill in blanks questions
- Statement questions
- Column matching questions
- Subjective questions
Science board exam paper class 10 subjective questions will be long or short-answer-type questions.
As per the rules, the CBSE class 10 Science sample paper and the class 10 board exam papers in 2023 will have 20% weightage to multiple-choice questions, 50% weightage to competency-based questions, and 30% weightage on subjective-type questions.
CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Question Paper Design
If you’ve solved the class 10 sample paper 2022-23 Science, you know the question paper for the 2023-24 exam will be a bit different as the syllabus is revised.
So, keeping in tandem with the revised syllabus of the 2024 board exam, this is the question paper based on the syllabus and respective or probable marks allotment:
|Chemical Substances-Nature and Behaviour||25 marks|
|World of Living||25 marks|
|Natural Phenomena||12 marks|
|Effects of Current||13 marks|
|Natural Resources||05 marks|
|Internal assessment||20 marks|
How to Download CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper?
You can download the CBSE class 10 Science sample paper from CBSE’s official site. Find more information here.
But to practice more, buy Gurukul 36 sample paper class 10 Science from here.
Study Tips for CBSE Class 10 Science Exam
Now that you know the 2023-24 question pattern, marking scheme, and other important information regarding Science sample paper class 10, here are a few study tips that might be of help in your board:
- Practice using as many CBSE class 10 science sample paper as possible because that will help you understand the question pattern and make you confident.
- Read the entire question paper properly before writing answers.
- Manage your time properly and do not spend too much time on one question only.
- Answer questions that you know first.
- Make a study schedule and stick to it.
With only a few months left for the CBSE board exams 2024, students should start putting all their efforts into studying!
FAQs - CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper
Ans: Yes, CBSE has released its Science sample paper class 10 with solutions. The sample question papers are available on the CBSE official website.
Ans: You can buy 2023-24 Science sample paper from Gurukul. Their 36 sample paper series is a good resource that is prepared by qualified teachers and subject matter experts.
Ans: Undoubtedly, Oswal Publisher’s has the best sample papers as those are prepared as per the revised syllabus, and the questions are arranged as per the most likely questions that might come in board 2024.
Ans: Anything worth having will take effort and practice, so you cannot keep questioning yourself if it will be tough or not. If you prepare well using these CBSE class 10 Science sample papers that we have suggested, scoring good marks will not be tough, and you’ll do well in board 2024.
Ans: As per the sample papers released by CBSE for the 10th board exams 2024, the format of the paper is: 20% MCQs, 30% short/long answer type questions, and the remaining 50% of the questions would be competency-based.