In alignment with the National Education Policy (NEP) of 2020, the NCERT has ushered in significant changes to the CBSE Class 12 Biology curriculum for 2023-24. This restructuring, guided by the NEP’s vision of promoting experiential learning over rote memorization, has resulted in a more streamlined and engaging syllabus. The NEP-mandated reduction in content aims to ease the academic burden on students and foster a dynamic learning environment.
In this blog, we delve into the revamped CBSE Class 12 Biology curriculum, shedding light on the deleted syllabus of Biology Class 12 for 2023-24. Chapters such as “Reproduction in Organisms,” “Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production,” and “Environmental Issues” have been omitted due to redundancy or outdated content, making way for a more relevant and contemporary learning experience. Join us as we explore these changes, uncover the retained topics, and embrace the evolving landscape of biology education.
CBSE Class 12 Biology Deleted Syllabus 2023-24 Chapterwise
Approximately 30% of the content in the NCERT Biology textbook is expected to undergo rationalization in response to the NEP 2020 policy, particularly concerning the deleted syllabus of Biology Class 12. MTG has consistently been at the forefront of providing quality educational resources to students across the country. We have a steadfast commitment to staying abreast of the most recent educational trends and policies, ensuring that our content aligns seamlessly with the current curriculum.
Our adaptability shines through as we promptly adjust to the latest revisions in the NCERT Biology textbook, specifically addressing the deleted syllabus of Biology Class 12. We are in the process of incorporating changes that adhere to NCERT guidelines within our CBSE Books for Class 12. Below, you’ll find a table detailing the biology deleted syllabus class 12 for the academic session of 2024-2025.
|Chapter Name||Dropped Biology Topics|
|Chapter 1: Reproduction in Organisms||Full Chapter|
|Chapter 9: Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production||Full Chapter|
|Chapter 13: Organisms and Populations||13.1 Organism and Its Environment; 13.1.1 Major Abiotic Factors; 13.1.2 Responses to Abiotic Factors; 13.1.3 Adaptations Summary (para 2); Ques. 1,2,3,9,10,11,12|
|Chapter 14: Ecosystem||14.6 Ecological Succession; 14.6.1 Succession of Plants; 14.7 Nutrient Cycling; 14.7.1 Ecosystem– Carbon cycle; 14.7.2 Ecosystem– Phosphorus Cycle; 14.8 Ecosystem Services|
|Chapter 16: Environmental Issues||Full Chapter|
Students should be aware of the deleted Biology syllabus class 12 to avoid including it during exam preparation and save time. The deleted portion of class 12 biology 2023-24 was aimed at enhancing the learning experience for students.
Reasons Behind CBSE Class 12 Biology Deleted Syllabus 2023-24
- In 2020, the NCERT initiated significant changes to biology textbooks, with a particular focus on the deleted syllabus of Biology Class 12.
- These changes were driven by the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020, which aims to modernise and enhance the learning experience.
- NEP 2020 emphasizes reducing curriculum content to boost flexibility and encourage constructive learning over rote memorization, promoting experiential learning.
- The primary objective is to lighten the academic workload on students while fostering practical and hands-on learning.
- Union Minister of State for Education, Annapurna Devi, outlined the criteria for rationalizing content, which includes addressing content overlap, repetition, difficulty level, accessibility for self-learning, relevance, and alignment with learning outcomes.
Biology Updated Syllabus Class 12 Session 2023-24
Now that we’ve thoroughly explored the deleted syllabus of Biology Class 12 for 2023-24, it’s time to shift our focus towards the exciting topics that have been retained within the syllabus of Biology Class 12. Below, you’ll find a comprehensive table listing the topics included in the CBSE Class 12 Biology syllabus for the academic session of 2023-24 (theory).
|Unit VIReproduction||Chapter 2: Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants|
Chapter 3: Human ReproductionChapter 4: Reproductive Health
|Unit VIIGenetics and Evolution||Chapter 6: Molecular Basis of Inheritance|
Chapter 7: Evolution
|Unit-VIII Biology and Human Welfare||Chapter 8: Human Health and Diseases|
Chapter 10: Microbes in Human Welfare
|Unit-IX Biotechnology and its Applications||Chapter 11: Biotechnology – Principles and ProcessesChapter 12: Biotechnology and its Applications|
|Unit XEcology and Environment||Chapter 14: Ecosystem |
Chapter 15: Biodiversity and its Conversation
Evaluation Scheme for CBSE Class 12th Biology Practical Syllabus
In the realm of CBSE Class 12, where students grapple with the deleted syllabus of Biology Class 12, it’s vital to understand the intricacies of the evaluation scheme, especially for the practical component. Accessing the CBSE Class 12 Biology Practical syllabus, which is closely tied to the theory syllabus, is straightforward – both are conveniently available in a common PDF format on the official website at cbseacademic.nic.in.
For the CBSE Class 12 Exams of 2024, the assessment scheme is structured as follows: the theory paper of Biology carries a significant weight of 70 marks, while the practical paper contributes 30 marks to your overall grade. This means that both theory and practical components are integral to your Biology assessment and academic success.
Within the Biology practical syllabus, students will encounter an array of engaging activities, including major and minor experiments, slide preparation, spotting, investigatory projects, viva voce, and more. By grasping this comprehensive evaluation scheme, you can better prepare for and excel in both the theoretical and practical dimensions of your Class 12 Biology examination, even as you navigate the deleted syllabus of Biology Class 12.
|One Major Experiment||5|
|One Minor Experiment (Experiment 2 & 3)||4|
|Slide Preparation (Experiment 1 & 4)||5|
|Practical Record + Viva Voce||4|
|Investigatory Project + Project Record + Viva Voce||5|
In CBSE Class 12, understanding the Biology Practical syllabus, especially alongside the deleted syllabus of Biology Class 12, is vital. This practical component comprises experiments, slide preparation, and spotting, requiring a strong grasp of theoretical concepts for effective comprehension.
The CBSE Class 12 Biology Practical syllabus is divided into three key segments: experiments, spotting, and hands-on practicals. This structure aids students in developing practical skills systematically while deepening their Biology understanding.
Study Tips for CBSE Class 12 Biology Exam 2023-24
Preparing for the CBSE Class 12 Biology exam in 2023-24 can be a rewarding experience with the right strategies in place. We’ve compiled some invaluable tips and tricks to help students achieve outstanding results in this crucial examination, all while navigating the challenges posed by the deleted syllabus of Biology Class 12:
- Know Your Syllabus: Start by gaining a comprehensive understanding of the entire Class 12 Biology syllabus. Additionally, be well-acquainted with the CBSE Class 12 Biology deleted syllabus for 2023-24. This ensures that your study efforts are directed towards relevant topics, eliminating unnecessary distractions.
- Paper Pattern Awareness: Familiarize yourself with the examination’s paper pattern. This knowledge will shed light on the marking scheme, exam duration, and the types of questions you can expect. It’s an essential step in structuring your study approach.
- Craft a Study Schedule: Create a well-structured study timetable tailored to your strengths and weaknesses. Allocate time for each topic, ensuring a balanced approach to cover all aspects of the syllabus. Sticking to your timetable consistently is key to effective preparation.
- Concise Short Notes: Biology involves a wealth of theoretical concepts. Make it easier to revise by preparing concise, well-organized short notes. These notes will serve as valuable references during your revision.
- Master Diagrams: Diagrams hold significant importance in Biology. Regular practice of creating and understanding diagrams enhances your grasp of key concepts and aids in visual memorization.
- Mock Tests and Past Papers: To identify recurring themes and gauge your preparedness, tackle multiple mock tests and solve past years’ papers. This practice provides insights into crucial topics and helps you manage time effectively during the actual exam.
- Thorough Revision: Given the substantial theoretical content in Biology, thorough revision is essential. Review the study material multiple times to reinforce your understanding and ensure retention of important concepts.
With a multitude of chapters and topics in the CBSE Class 12 Biology deleted syllabus, it’s vital to prioritize your study efforts on the relevant subjects. Devote special attention to the deleted portion of the Class 12 Biology 2023-24 syllabus to ensure a well-rounded and focused preparation.
We cannot stress enough the significance of being well-informed about the deleted syllabus of Biology Class 12 for this academic year. With a keen awareness of the syllabus, students can confidently stride towards the CBSE Class 12 Biology exam, ready to tackle any challenge that comes their way.
FAQs on Deleted Syllabus of Biology Class 12 2023-24
Q1. Which chapters are completely deleted from the deleted portion of Class 12 Biology 2023-24?
Ans. The completely deleted chapters from the Class 12 Biology syllabus for 2023-24 include “Reproduction in Organisms,” “Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production,” and “Environmental Issues.”
Q2. Has the Class 12 Biology syllabus for 2023-24 been reduced?
Ans. Yes, the Class 12 Biology syllabus for 2023-24 has been reduced in accordance with the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 to promote experiential learning and reduce the academic workload on students.
Q3. Where can I check the Biology deleted syllabus for Class 12 CBSE 2023-24?
Ans. You can check the Biology deleted syllabus for Class 12 CBSE 2023-24 on the official website of CBSE at cbseacademic.nic.in or refer to reliable educational sources and publications for updated information.
Q4. Which is the chapter with the highest scores allocated in the Class 12 Biology syllabus for 2023-24?
Ans. The chapter with the highest scores allocated in the Class 12 Biology syllabus for 2023-24 may vary by region or board, so it’s advisable to refer to the official CBSE guidelines or your specific study materials for accurate information.
Q5. What are some tips to effectively prepare CBSE Class 12 Biology notes?
Ans. To prepare effective CBSE Class 12 Biology notes, consider the following tips:
• Begin by understanding the syllabus thoroughly, including the deleted portion.
• Take clear and concise notes during class lectures and while reading textbooks.
• Use diagrams, flowcharts, and bullet points to simplify complex concepts.
• Organize your notes by topic and create a table of contents for easy reference.
• Regularly revise and update your notes to stay current with the syllabus.
• Seek clarification from teachers or peers if you encounter challenging topics.
• Use online resources and reference books to supplement your notes and gain a deeper understanding of the subject.