All the teaching aspirants who want to make their careers in the government sector are being alerted that the CTET exam date is out. The Central Teacher Eligibility Test is conducted twice a year by CBSE, and you can check out the official CTET 2023 notification pdf at the official website of CTET.
The aspirants should stay alert for further notifications and keep checking the important exam dates and release of the CTET admit card. Accelerate your preparations as CTET 2023 will be conducted in offline mode on 20th August 2023.
Eligibility Criteria for CTET 2023
According to recent guidelines, there is no age limit to apply for the CTET entrance exam. The candidate should be 18 or above. Before searching for the CTET exam date, candidates must review the revised eligibility criteria for Paper 1 and Paper 2.
Revised CTET Eligibility
The National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) amended that candidates currently admitted or pursuing Teachers Training Courses (TTC) are eligible for the CTET 2023. Furthermore, candidates whose appointment was challenged may apply for the CTET exam.
To secure a job, candidates must meet the recruiter’s eligibility criteria, such as KVS or NVS.
A CTET certificate doesn’t guarantee a job but is a prerequisite for teaching positions.
Now candidates must have a postgraduate degree with a minimum 55% score or equivalent and a 3-year integrated B.Ed. M.Ed.
CTET Eligibility for Paper 1 (Classes 1st to 5th)
10+2 with minimum 50% marks and passed or appearing in the first year of a 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education.
45% marks in 10+2 and passed or appearing in the first year of Diploma in Elementary Education by the NCTE, Regulations, 2002.
10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks and passing or appearing in the first year of a B.El.Ed.
10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks and passing or appearing in the first year of a Diploma in Education (Special Education).
Minimum 50% marks in Graduation and B.Ed.
CTET Eligibility for Paper 2 (Classes 6th to 8th)
10+2 with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in the first year of 4-year B.A/B. Sc. Ed or B.A.Ed/ B. Sc. Ed.
Graduation and passing or appearing in the first year of a 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education.
Graduation with at least 50% marks and passing or appearing in 1-year B.Ed (or B.Ed in special education).
Graduation with at least 45% marks and passing or appearing in 1-year B.Ed by the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure).
10+2 with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in the first year of a 4-year B.El.Ed. or B.A/B. Sc. Ed or B.A.Ed/ B. Sc. Ed.
Registration Process for CTET 2023
CTET form 2023 was available online from 27th April 2023. While the CTET application form 2023 the last date was on 26th May. The correction window was open from 29th May to 2nd June 2023. We will tell you the entire Registration process and the documents required for that if you apply online to appear on the CTET exam date.
Here are the prerequisites to fill CTET 2023 Application Form:
- A passport-size photo (10kb-100kb) and signature in the required format (3kb-30kb).
- ID proof
- Aadhar Card
- Results of classes 10th and 12th
- Highest Qualification certificate
- A valid email id
- Note that a signature in capital letters is not allowed
Step-by-step instructions to apply for CTET 2023 exam:
- Visit the official website ctet.nic.in and click ‘Application form for CTET 2023’ on the home screen.
- Click the ‘New Candidate Registration’ button.
- Read the information carefully and tick the box given below.
- Select ‘Click to proceed,’ and you will be redirected to the application form page.
- Set a strong CTET 2023 password of 8 to 15 characters with at least one uppercase letter, lowercase letters, a numeric value, and at least one unique character ( such as ! # $% &).
- Now enter the details in the application form, including personal information like the candidate’s name, father’s name, mother’s name, gender, dob, ID proof, etc. You must also fill in contact and general details like nationality, category, employee status, preferred exam centre, and qualifications.
- After submitting the form, a Registration number will be generated, which can be used later for logging in along with the selected password.
- Upload the scanned photo and signature of the size mentioned above.
- Candidates can pay the application fee in both online and offline models. You can pay through a bank transfer or online through a Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking. The application fee for General/OBC (NCL) is ₹1000 if appearing for one paper and ₹1200 for both papers. For SC/ST/ a Differently abled person, it is ₹500 for one paper and ₹600 for both papers.
- Make sure to print out the acknowledgement page. It is advisable to keep a copy of the filled application form and payment details for future reference.
Candidates can change the application form only through the online application correction window on the official website.
Exam Date and Schedule
Many candidates miss the exam or are disqualified because they must pay more attention to the details. As a candidate, it is your responsibility to stay aware of the CTET exam date and keep looking for updates in the timeline.
CTET 2023 exam date has been declared on 20th August, so candidates should fasten their preparations. CTET 2023 online registration form was released on the 27th of April, and the last date to fill it out was the 26th of May. It is equally essential to recheck the application form so that there is room for changes until the correction window closes on 2nd June. CTET result 2023 will be released in September, date not specified. When candidates can download, the certificate is yet to be notified by the CBSE.
CTET exam date has been scheduled in two shifts for Papers 1 and 2. For the first shift, candidates should reach the examination centre by 7.30 AM and at 12.30 PM for the second shift. In the worst case, even if you become late, you should try to reach the venue before the last entry in the exam centre, which is 9.30 AM for the first shift and 2.30 PM for the second shift. CTET exam timing 2023 is 150 minutes. So, solve the mock questions during the CTET paper timing only, which is 9.30 AM-12.00 noon for the first shift and 2.30 PM-5.00 PM for the second shift.
Admit Card Details
CTET admit card 2023 is said to be released on August 10-20 days before the CTET exam date. So, the candidates should actively check the official website for updates and download the admit card. Entry will be only allowed if you have the admit card. So, make sure to keep 2-3 copies. The admit card will have all the necessary details, such as exam date, timing, centre, exam city, and detailed guidelines for the CTET 2023.
How can I download the CTET 2023 admit card or hall ticket? Here is the step-by-step guide to downloading the admit card.
- Candidates can download the CTET admit card once it is released on the CTET official website, ctet.nic.in.
- Candidates must log in to their account using the details such as registration number/roll number and Date of Birth/password.
- Now download the CTET 2023 admit card pdf and take out 2-3 prints. Please read the instructions on the admit card carefully and follow all the examination rules mentioned in it.
You might get expelled from the exam even if you miss the slightest detail. So, read all the instructions mentioned in the admit card patiently.
CTET 2023 Notification
Before appearing for the CTET exam, a candidate must go through the CTET 2023 notification pdf released by CBSE on the Central Teacher Eligibility Test website: ctet.nic.in. It is advisable to rely on the information on the official CTET website for the most accurate and updated instructions.
CBSE will conduct the 17th edition of the CTET paper in CBT (Computer based test) mode online. So, it is important to thoroughly review the notification pdf, which has detailed information about the CTET exam date, application process, important updates, eligibility criteria, syllabus, and exam pattern. The candidates can download the official CTET notification document for all the relevant information about the exam.
The CTET exam will be held in August 2023 at the national level to recruit eligible teachers for primary and upper primary classes. It is a golden opportunity for candidates seeking to secure their careers in government organizations.
The application process can be quickly done on the official website with simple steps. Refer to the detailed application form-filling process mentioned above.
The application fee for the general and OBC category students is Rs.1000/- for one paper and Rs. 1200/- for two papers. The SC/ST/PwD candidates must pay exactly half the amount, Rs. 500/- for one paper and Rs. 600/- for two papers.
Before applying for one of the best competitive exams for teaching professionals, candidates must review the revised eligibility criteria provided by the CBSE for Paper 1 and Paper 2.
The exam pattern for the CTET papers is based on the NCERT books of the classes you applied for. CTET 2023 exam will have 150 questions, including the sections Language I, Language II, Child Development and Pedagogy, Environmental Studies, and Mathematics. Each section carries 30 questions. Paper 2 syllabus is similar to Paper 1, and science is also included. Besides this, a candidate has to prepare any two languages from the list mentioned in the notification pdf.
For the revised syllabus of the CTET exam (Paper 1 and Paper 2), refer to the notification pdf. Child Development and Pedagogy is a lengthy and crucial part of the CTET paper.
Syllabus and Question Patterns
CBSE has released the syllabus for CTET 2023 pdf on the official CTET website. The new syllabus and exam pattern focuses on the candidate’s conceptual understanding, problem-solving skills, logical thinking, and other factors rather than factual knowledge. The new exam pattern aims to check the candidate’s overall knowledge and methodology of teaching. It focuses on the candidate’s knowledge of Child Pedagogy and the importance of the subject. Assessment is done to check the candidate’s planning and developing questions abilities.
To pass the CTET 2023, the candidates must know the syllabus and new exam patterns in detail.
CTET Paper 1 Syllabus: Mathematics, Environmental Studies, Child Development and Pedagogy (CDP), Language I (compulsory), Language II (mandatory).
CTET Paper 2 Syllabus: Child Development and Pedagogy (CDP), Language I (compulsory), Language II (mandatory), Mathematics and Science or Social Studies/Social Science.
CTET exam pattern consists of two papers, Paper 1 for the candidates applying for primary levels (class I to V) and Paper 2 for upper primary levels (class VI to VIII). Candidates who want to apply for both levels must apply for both papers. The number of sections for CTET Paper 1 and Paper 2 is five and four, respectively. The total number of questions is 150, and so are the full marks. Candidates can choose either English or Hindi to write the paper, and there is no negative marking in the CTET exam.
If you want to ace a seat in CTET vacancy 2023, start with a proper study plan and practice consistently. Especially prepare well for the Child Development and Pedagogy section. The most important part is practicing as many mock tests as possible. It will help you build logic and conceptual understanding.
Exam Day Guidelines
CTET is considered the toughest exam conducted nationwide for the teaching job as the difficulty level is high and thorough preparation is needed to crack it. Here are some tips and guidelines to give your best on the CTET exam date.
- The most important part is to reach the centre on time. It is better to consider the potential delays and manage your time accordingly. Arriving at the centre on time can release half of the stress and gives you ample time to relax.
- Remember to bring a hard copy of your admit card and a photocopy of your ID proof to the exam centre.
- Maintain the exam decorum, and don’t bring gadgets like mobile phones, wristwatches, calculators, or anything that can expel you from taking the test.
- Read all the instructions thoroughly and strictly follow the rules and regulations.
- Time management is the most important thing for CTET exams. So, keep calm and stick to your best preparation strategy.
- If needed, stay dehydrated and go to the washroom before entering the exam hall.
Result and Score Validity
The CTET exam date has been released by the CBSE, but the result date is yet to be released. The release date of the answer is not notified, and the CTET 2023 result date is September 2023 (tentative).
The result of CTET 2023 can be downloaded online by following these simple steps:
- Go to the official website – ctet.nic.in.
- Click on the link ‘CTET result 2023’.
- A login window will appear where you must enter your CTET roll number.
- The result will appear on your screen, and you can download it easily.
The qualifying marks for CTET 2023 for general candidates are 60 percent and 55 percent for the reserved category. It means if you are a general candidate, try to score more than 90 to be eligible, and if you are in the reserved category, scoring more than 83 is enough.
Remember that the CTET certificate is the minimum eligibility, and other factors like the eligibility criteria of different institutions also matter to secure a job position. But the good news is that your CTET certificate now has lifetime validity, which was seven years previously.
CBSE will provide CTET mark sheets and eligibility certificates to the candidates in digital format on their Digilocker account.
The tips and information mentioned about the CTET exam 2023 will help you kickstart your teaching journey. So, be careful while filling out the form, stay updated, and practice consistently to increase your chances of getting shortlisted.
FAQs on CTET 2023
Q1. What is the release date of CTET 2023 results?
It will be released in September 2023(tentative) in the online mode.
Q2. When my CTET certificate will be valid?
The validity of the CTET eligibility certificate is now extended to a lifetime period.
Q3. When is the CTET exam scheduled for 2023?
CTET exam date for Paper 1 and Paper 2 is 20th August 2023 on Sunday. The exam will be conducted in offline mode.
Q4. What are the details mentioned in the CTET mark sheet?
The CTET result has details such as the candidate’s name, father’s name, mother’s name, roll number, and the marks secured.
Q5. What to do next after qualifying for the CTET exam?
After declaring CTET results, the qualified candidates can apply for teaching positions in private schools, NVS, KVS, and state government schools.