Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti conducts the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test for class 6 every year. If you are looking for the Navodaya exam date 2023 then read on to learn all about the JNVST selction test for class 6 in this article. Along with the details about Navodaya exam date, admission details, and exam tips, the article also gives a comprehensive list of JNV schools across India.
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalas or Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNV) are central government-run schools established on the foundation of the National Policy of Education 1986. There are 649 JNVs across 27 states and 8 union territories in India. Hindi, or the regional language of a particular area, is followed as the medium of instruction up to class 8. After getting promoted from class 8, English is used as the medium of instruction for Science & Mathematics and Hindi for Social Science.
Though JNVs offer free education, INR 600 is charged to the students of classes 9 to 12 for the Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi. Students from SC/ST, Divyang, BPL, and all girls are exempted from paying the charges.
- ▪ State-wise distribution of JNVs for Navodaya Exam Date 2023
- ▪ Admission to Jawahar Navodaya Schools
- ▪ How to Register for JNVST Admission 2023
- ▪ JNV 2023 Entrance Exam Pattern
- ▪ How to Prepare for the JNV Class 6 Entrance Exam with Oswal 10 Years Solved Papers?
- ▪ FAQs on Navodaya Jawahar Vidyalaya Exam 2023 Class 6
State-wise distribution of JNVs for Navodaya Exam Date 2023
JNV schools are present in 27 states, with Uttar Pradesh having the maximum number of Jawahar Navodya Vidyalaya. Here is the full list;
|Sr. No.||State||No. of JNVs||Sr. No||State||No. of JNVs|
|1.||Andhra Pradesh||13+2**||19.||Madhya Pradesh||51+2**+1*|
|7.||Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu (UT)||3||25.||Odisha||30+1*|
|8.||Delhi (UT)||2||26.||Puducherry (UT)||4|
|13.||Jammu & Kashmir (UT)||19+1**||31.||Tripura||8|
|14.||Jharkhand||24+2**||32.||UT Andaman & Nicobar Islands||3|
|17.||Ladakh (UT)||2||35.||West Bengal||17+1**|
Admission to Jawahar Navodaya Schools
Admission to class 6 is conducted through the Navodaya entrance exam (JNVST). There are 80 seats available in class 6 in each school. The examination for admission is announced in April. This year, the JNVST will be conducted on 29th April 2023.
Procedure to apply for JNVST 2023 before Navodaya Exam Date
The notification for the Navodaya exam date is released in January. The exam is held in April every year. The application for JNVST is done through an online application on the Navodaya online portal. Registration for Class 6 JNV Admission is done free of cost. Application for Jawahar Navodaya Admission 2023 was released in January only.
Eligibility Criteria for Navodaya Class 6 Entrance Exam
A student must check the eligibility criteria before the Navodaya Exam date. The eligibility criteria for Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission 2023 are given below:
- A student must be a bona fide resident of a state or district where a Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is present.
- The student candidate must have studied till class 5 in any government or government-recognised school to apply before the Navodaya exam date. The applicant for the JNV admission 2023 must be within the age group of 10 to 12 years. There are no exemptions in the age eligibility.
- Any student applying online for JNV admission 2023 must have studied and passed classes 3, 4, and 5 from a government, government-aided, or government-recognised school.
- A student passing a ‘B’ certificate competency course from the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) is also eligible to apply for class 6 admission in Navodaya Vidyalaya.
- Out of all the seats available with Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, 75% of seats are filled by candidates from rural areas.
- The reserved seats under the SC & ST category depend on the proportion of a particular district’s total SC & ST population. The reservation under this category will be less than the national average, i.e., 15% for SC and 7.5% for ST, subjected to a maximum of 50%.
- A provision of 27% reservation is provided for candidates belonging to the OBC category.
- One-third of all the seats are reserved for girl candidates who apply online for Navodaya admission 2023.
How to Register for JNVST Admission 2023
If you are eligible to apply for the Navodaya Exams before the last date. The procedure is very simple. Follow the steps below:
- You have to go online to the website of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya. Click here to go to the link directly.
- Fill out the application form and upload the following documents not more than 100kb;
- Verification certificate by the Headmaster of the present school
- Signature of Parent
- Signature of Candidate
- Aadhaar Details/Residence certificate issued by competent Government authority
- A’ B’ certificate must be uploaded if the candidate is a NIOS student.
- The online Navodaya admission 2023 can be applied from any source like desktop, laptop, mobile, tablet, etc.
- In case of any correction, the correction window will be open for a few days till the Navodaya exam date.
- The admit card will be issued as per the date decided by Navodaya Vidyalaya.
JNV 2023 Entrance Exam Pattern
The duration of the Navodaya exam is 120 minutes (an additional time of 40 minutes is given to each candidate) and is divided into three categories, Mental Ability, Arithmetic, and Language. The weightage for each category is mentioned below:
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration||Weightage|
|Mental Ability||40||50||60 Minutes||50%|
|Total||80||100||120 Minutes (2 Hours)||100%|
A booklet is provided to students appearing for the class 6 admission for Navodaya Vidyalaya, wherein all three sections are available.
How to give Jawahar Navodaya entrance exam 2023
- The students appearing for the JNVST entrance test for class 6 are provided with an OMR answer sheet.
- The candidates can only use Blue or Black Ball Point Pens to write their answers on OMR Sheets.
- Out of four options for each question, the candidate has to select one correct answer.
- 1.25 marks are given for every correct answer.
- There is no negative marking in the JNVST selection test for class 6.
|Navodaya exam date notification||2 January 2023|
|Jawahar Navodaya admission form start date||2 January 2023|
|Last date to submit Navodaya online application form||31 January 2023|
|JNVST Class 6 admission card notification||February 2023|
|Navodaya admission exam date||29 April 2023|
|JNVST exam result announcement||June 2023|
How to Prepare for the JNV Class 6 Entrance Exam with Oswal 10 Years Solved Papers?
JNVST class 6 admission test is conducted by the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti every year. Oswal Publishers have a comprehensive compilation of 10 Years Solved Papers (2013-2022) for the JNV Entrance Exam that can help students in the Navodaya exam for class 6.
The Oswal JNV Solved Papers Book includes questions under all three categories, i.e., Mental Ability Test, Arithmetic Test, and Language Test. The book is priced at INR 189.
The JNV 10 Years Solved Papers edition lets you test your competence and prepare for the JNVST class 6 exam. The three sections in the sample paper edition include the following;
Section-1 Mental Ability Test (MAT)
The Mental Ability Test section holds a weightage of 50%. Forty questions have to be answered in 60 minutes. Students appearing for the JNVST class 6 selection have to choose the right option in the OMR sheet given along with the question booklet. Questions in the MAT section are based on figures and diagrams to evaluate the mental functioning of the student.
Section 2: Arithmetic Test
The Arithmetic Test section holds a weightage of 25% to assess a student’s competency in arithmetic. The questions are based on different topics, including;
- Simple Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Approximation of Expression
- Distance, time, and speed
- Measurement of length, mass, capacity, time, money, etc
- Factors and multiples, including their properties
- Decimals and fundamental operations on them
- Percentage and its application
- Profit and loss
- Perimeter, area, and volume
- Simplification of numerical expression
- Conversion of fractions to decimals and vice-versa
- LCM and HCF of numbers
- Four fundamental operations on the whole number
- Number and numeric system
Section 3: Language
The third section of JNVST class 6 exam assesses the candidates’ reading comprehension. The Navodaya class 6 exam’s language section contains four passages. Each passage has 5 questions.
Oswal Publishers also publishes the Hindi version of the JNVST 10 Years Solved Papers.
FAQs on Navodaya Jawahar Vidyalaya Exam 2023 Class 6
Q1. When is Navodaya School JNV admission form 2023 available?
The Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNV) admission form is available online from January 2023.
Q2. How to apply for JNVST class 6 exam 2023?
A candidate can apply online for the Navodaya online exam.
Q3. Is the JNVST exam conducted online?
The exam is conducted offline. A candidate can select the test centre while filling up the Navodaya online application form.
Q4. Can I give the JNVST test in English language only?
You can also appear for the JNVST class 6 exam in Hindi or the mother tongue of your area.
Q5. What is the application fee for Govt Navodaya Vidyalaya entrance exam class 6?
There is no application fee charged to fill out the application form for the JNVST class 6 exam.
Q6. What is the annual fee of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas?
JNVs offer free education all across the country. However, INR 600 is charged from the students of classes 9 to 12 for the Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi. Students from SC/ST, Divyang, BPL, and all girl students are exempted from paying the charges.
Q7. How many seats are there for class 6 in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya?
A maximum of 80 seats are available for class 6 admission in Navodaya Vidyalaya. However, the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti holds the right to cut short the seats to 40 in case of inadequate accommodation.