NEET 2023 exam date is here! It will be conducted on May 7, 2023. The medical, dental, nursing and Ayush aspirants have been eager to know the date, and they are finally here! With the NEET exam date of 2023 being announced, it’s essential to check out the necessary exam details.
The National Testing Agency conducts the prestigious NEET, i.e., National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, examination to admit eligible candidates to the concerned courses across the reputed colleges in the country. Conducted in 13 languages, millions of aspirants take the exam every year, with the best of the lot clearing it.
The article will take you through the crucial details of the NEET 2023 exam.
- ▪ NEET UG 2023: Latest Updates
- ▪ Overview of NEET 2023
- ▪ NEET 2023: Exam Highlights
- ▪ NEET 2023: Examination Date and Syllabus
- ▪ NEET 2023: Exam Pattern
- ▪ NEET 2023: Eligibility Criteria
- ▪ NEET 2023: Admit Card
- ▪ Features of Neet 2023
- ▪ What is the Purpose of NEET 2023?
- ▪ NEET 2023: Preparation Tips
- ▪ Wrapping Up
- ▪ FAQs on NEET 2023
NEET UG 2023: Latest Updates
As the Neet aspirants for 2023, you should regularly watch the official site to take advantage of the crucial exam details updated there. Consider checking the site at least twice daily to avoid such complexities.
Check out the section below for the latest Neet 2023 update.
- March 16: NTA removes cut off date for SC/ST certificate to be uploaded in the application form
- March 11: NTA revises policy, not using age and application number as factors in tie-breaking
- March 7: NEET 2023 application fee increased, exam city reduced
- March 6: NEET 2023 application form released; apply by April 6
Overview of NEET 2023
The date of Neet 2023 is already declared to be on 7th May, Sunday. The pen and paper-based exam, NEET 2023 covers Physics, Chemistry and Biology from class 11 and 12 syllabi. The exam will take place for more than 18 lakhs medical aspirants around 497 cities in India and 14 foreign cities.
The applications for the exam were released on 6th March 2023 along with the exam notification. The last date to submit the application form is 6th April 2023. As per the trends from previous years, the final submission date could be extended. The correction window for NEET UG 2023 is yet to be announced.
Let’s have a look at some of the important exam highlights for the exam.
NEET 2023: Exam Highlights
The NEET 2023 exam date is here and lets have a blink of the important facts.
|Events||NEET 2023 dates|
|NEET 2023 exam notification||March 6, 2023|
|NEET 2023 registration date starting||March 6, 2023|
|Last date to submit NEET application form 2023||April 6, 2023|
|Last date for fee payment||April 6, 2023|
|Opening of correction window||To be declared|
|Allotted exam cities||To be declared|
|Release of Admit Card||To be announced|
|NEET 2023 Exam date||May 7, 2023|
|Results||To be announced|
|NEET UG counselling||To be declared|
NEET 2023: Examination Date and Syllabus
NEET 2023 exam date is on May 7, 2023. One of India’s most sought-after competitive exams, you need to clearly understand the NEET exam syllabus and cover the topics comprehensively. The syllabus covers the topics from the 11th and 12th standard curriculum.
Here’s an overview of the crucial topics covered in the three subjects in the examination.
NEET Physics Syllabus
- Physical World and Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Particles and Rigid Body
- Bulk Matter
- Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternative Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
NEET Chemistry Syllabus
- Basic concepts
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- Redox Reactions
- Solid State
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- General Principles amd processes of Isolation of Elements
- p-Block Elements
- d and f block elements
- Coordination Compounds
NEET Biology Syllabus
- Diversity in Living World
- Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
- Cell Structure and Function
- Plant Physiology
- Human Physiology
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and its Applications
- Ecology and Environment
With the 2023 NEET exam date being announced, you should gear up with your revision lessons. If you’re planning to take the exam next year, ensure covering the topics in-depth to have an upper hand in the examination.
NEET 2023: Exam Pattern
Every exam follows a definite exam pattern and NEET 2023 is no exception. The authority follows a specific exam pattern to conduct the test and you can get a fair idea about it following the question papers from previous years.
The below section throws insights into the pattern of the most challenging exam.
Mode: The exam is held online, in pen and paper mode. As per the latest updates, the expected NEET date of 2023 is May 7.
Number of Questions: The NEET exam will comprise 200 questions, of which students must attend 180. From part B, choices will be provided to students.
Question Types: There will be MCQ-based questions for the students to answer.
Exam Duration: The time limit for the NEET examination is 3 hours and 20 minutes.
Answering Medium: There will be 13 languages for the exam: English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Punjabi.
Marking Pattern: For every correct answer, candidates will be rewarded with four marks, while one mark will be deducted for every incorrect attempt.
Taking any examination demands specific requirements from the aspirants, as with Neet 2023. Check out the NEET eligibility criteria for 2023 below.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Sectional Marks|
NEET 2023: Eligibility Criteria
Taking any examination demands certain requirements from the aspirants and so is the case with Neet 2023. Check out the NEET eligibility criteria for 2023 below.
- Indian nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs, and Foreign Nationals can apply for the Neet examination.
- Only on self-declaration basis students from UTs of J&K and Ladakh are eligible to apply under the 15% of the All India Quota.
- The candidate must be at least 17 during admission or reach that age by December 31 of the year of entry.
- Applying for the Neet exam doesn’t call for any upper age limit.
- Minimum Qualification: Applying for the Neet requires the candidate to have completed their 12th or equivalent from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as the core subjects.
- Candidates must have completed their 12th with the prescribed cutoff. That is 50% for the General category, 45% for PWD, and 40% for reserved category candidates.
Number of Attempts
Appearing for the Neet 2023 exam doesn’t limit you to any number of attempts.
Foreign Nationals: Foreign-educated students willing to take admission to Indian Medical Colleges need to have cleared their 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English with at least 50% of aggregate as per the MCI guidelines.
Note: Candidates appearing for their 12th board exams can also take the Neet 2023 examination.
NEET 2023: Admit Card
The Admit Card for the medical entrance exam is expected to come out by the fourth week of April, though any confirmation is yet to come from the governing body. Once the dates are fixed, they will be reflected on the website, and hence you need to regularly check the site to make sure you get all the important updates.
How to download the NEET 2023 Admit Card?
You must follow the instructions below to download the Neet 2023 admit card.
Step 1: Visit the official NTA NEET website at https://neet.nta.nic.in/
Step 2: The option to download the Neet Admit Card will come up on the next page. Click on it.
- Fill in the asked details like Application no and date of birth.
- Verify the security pin.
- Click submit to proceed further.
Step 4: Before final submission, recheck the submitted details and download the admit card. Take a few printouts of the soft copy.
You need to carry the hall ticket to the exam center without fail or you’ll not be permitted to take the examination.
Details Mentioned on NEET 2023 Admit Card
The following detail will be mentioned on the Neet 2023 exam.
- Candidates name
- Guardian’s name
- Application number and Roll number
- Date of Birth
- Exam centre details
- Passport-size photographs, same as the application form
- Parent signature
- Covid and examination guidelines
- Date of downloading admit card
- Authority signature and other instructions
What to do if you need to remember your credentials?
With the Neet 2023 exam date being announced, you must be feeling a bit tense. While you should be fine with it, it might distract you from forgetting the essential credentials needed to download the exam hall ticket.
In such a scenario, follow the below-mentioned steps.
Step 1: Visit the official website.
Step 2: Click on forget registration number or password, whichever you forgot or both in the case.
Step 3: Follow the procedures detailed there.
Step 4: You’llYou’ll receive a correction mail to set up your new credentials.
Step 5: After setting it up, you can log in with the new credentials and complete the download process.
What to do if you misplace your Admit Card?
In case you misplace your Neet Admit Card, you must not panic. Visit the official website, fill in details like last time, and download your hall ticket. Keep at least 5 or 6 hard copies with you for later confusion.
Documents to be carried with Admit Card
Neet exam 2023 is nearing, and you need to know the critical documents to be carried at the exam centre along with the hall tickets. They are:
- Identification Proof (PAN/Aadhar/Voter/Ration Card/any valid proof)
- PWD certificate, if applicable
- Hall ticket with passport-sized photographs pasted on it
- Two extra passport-sized photographs
The Neet 2023 exam date is here already. Have you applied on their official website? If not, follow the following steps to finish your application soon!
Step 1: Register yourself at the official website.
Step 2: After completing your registration, you’ll receive the long credentials on your registered email Id and mobile number. You can log in to the portal using those credentials and fill out the application form.
Step 3: For the Neet ug 2023 application form, you need to fill in the details correctly as asked including personal information, education details, contact number, and others.
Step 4: While filling out the application form, you must submit documents like your recent passport-sized photograph and signature to be displayed in the application form.
Step 5: As the concluding step, you need to pay the application fee and take a printout of the filled application form.
Here’s the application fee amount for the respective categories.
- General: Rs: 1700Rs
- General- EWS, OBC-NCL: 1600Rs
- SC/ST/PWD/Transgender: 1000Rs
- Candidates outside India: 9500Rs
The available payment methods are Net Banking, Credit Cards, Debit Cards and UPI.
Features of Neet 2023
Ug Neet 2023 is knocking at the door and here are some features of the upcoming national-level entrance of India for candidate intake in the medical colleges across the country.
- In addition to the standard English language, students can take the Neet 2023 exam in any two other languages of their preference.
- The admission to BSc nursing programs across colleges will also be based on the Neet 2023 results.
- For all Indian citizens, willing to pursue medicine abroad, qualifying Neet is compulsory.
- Andhra Pradesh and Telangana are currently a part of the 15% of the All India Quota scheme.
- Candidates willing to apply for the Neet 2023 exam must have completed their 12th in PCB with the required marks as prescribed by the authority.
What is the Purpose of NEET 2023?
Neet 2023 exam date is here, and the application round is going on. You’dYou’d like to hurry up in case you still need to fill out the form. Keeping it for the eleventh hour creates chaos which isn’t ideal while filling out a critical application form.
NEET being the only medical entrance examination in India, serves many significant purposes. Here’s why the Neet 2023 exam is important.
Common Entrance Test
Being the only medical exam in India, it prevents the private colleges from conducting any entrance exams and admitting candidates to the medical course who didn’t qualify for Neet. This procedure helps select the justified and eligible candidates to be admitted to the course as per their qualifications.
Equal Scope for All
The Neet is the perfect way to render an equal opportunity to all aspirants to secure a place in their dream institutes. Students who qualify for the exam with flying colours are eligible to be a part of the prestigious medical colleges in India.
Enough Time to Take the Exam
The time duration to finish the exam is 3 hours to let students answer the questions in a calm head without getting their questions mixed up. This is the best way to determine the finest aspirants eligible for admission to the courses.
Uniform Admission Policy
The NEET helps conduct a smooth admission policy and unform admission to offer seats to qualified candidates. It ensures transparency in the medical admission process to the concerned institutions in the country. Being the one-stop gateway to seeking admission in medical courses, it reduces the stress for aspirants to get selected for their dream colleges.
How to crack NEET? Many aspirants have this question in their heads. We have curated some strategies that might help you crack the Neet 2023 exam.
NEET 2023: Preparation Tips
Over 17 lakh students appeared in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) last year. The most recent announcements state that the NTA will conduct the examination on May 7, 2023. This entrance exam assesses the skills of medical aspirants in our country. Are you one such aspirant? If yes, the following guide will help you prepare for the incredibly competitive entrance test.
NEET Preparation Without Coaching
Undoubtedly, above 80% of candidates resort to coaching classes for qualifying in this exam. However, if self-study is a better option for you, do not overwhelm yourself with many irrelevant materials. A candidate with AIR 205 in NEET 2017 considers that he passed the examination with flying colours due to his hard work and limitless perseverance.
Are you still stressing over how to prepare for competitive exams like NEET? Here are some strategies that earlier candidates have found beneficial:
- Create a suitable timetable: A proper schedule is significant to manage your time efficiently. You may have other things to attend to in your daily routine. So, segregating your timespans will help you put in undivided attention to your studies.
- Be thorough with the syllabus: Since NEET UG has a vast syllabus, you should know it like the back of your hand. Often, students pay greater detail to the more essential aspects and leave out the minor parts. Notably, the examination requires a thorough knowledge of every detail in the three subjects.
- Appear for mock tests: Taking mock tests frequently will help you understand your weaker areas. In addition, these tests will boost your confidence for the upcoming examination. Nowadays, several online platforms offer a variety of mock tests to help students grasp and analyze their problem points.
- Good material: Several NCERT books are available that can equip you sufficiently for your NEET examination. It would be best if you are diligent enough to choose only the best NEET exam books that can help you ace the exam without confusion. Besides the right books, ensure you go through previous question papers for clarity.
“Knowledge is of no use till you put it to practice.” Recently, different websites have allowed you to go through already curated notes and download them. Similarly, you can get your hands on readily available practice papers online. YouTube provides free courses to learn complex problems and clear doubts.
How to Attempt The Paper?
You should be ready with a brilliant strategy to answer the paper. Factors like accuracy, time management, and selecting suitable questions play a crucial role. You should progress according to your desired sequence.
Sometimes, students find difficulty due to improper information. Such a scenario occurs when the solutions fail to match the question. Hence, the only way would be to circle and underline all the relevant parts, including qualifiers. If you face a trick question, try the option elimination method to reach two possible answers. Then, you should understand and choose the correct option to avoid silly errors.
As you might already know, the results of your entire preparation for the exam ultimately depend on the effective filling of the OMR. Since the OMR sheet is of paramount significance, you should devise a speedy process for filling it.
We all know that health is wealth, and that is why maintaining a healthy regime is the most essential criterion for any examination. “Believe you can, and you are halfway there”. Such a positive attitude is necessary for staying focused and motivated before the exam.
Neet 2023 exam date has been announced and it’s your time to gear up wholeheartedly with your preparations. If you’re a next-year aspirant, you can start following the preparation strategies to cover the syllabus.
Cracking UG Neet could be difficult but possible. With hard work complemented by smart work, you can surely get going and reach incredible heights to be admitted to your dream college.
So l, how far is your Neet preparation?
FAQs on NEET 2023
Q1: Is NEET ug 2023 exam date declared?
Ans. Yes, the NEET UG exam in 2023 will be held on May 7.
Q2: Can I regain my login credentials if I forget them?
Ans. Yes, generating a new login password is possible by clicking on the said instructions at the official website.
Q3: Is the NEET form available for 2023?
Ans. Yes, the form has been released by the National Testing Agency on its official website.
Q4: Is NEET 2023 easy or hard?
Ans. As a NEET aspirant, worrying about this issue must not be your thing. Focus on better preparation to clear it with great grades.