CBSE Class 11 Political science Syllabus 2023-24
CBSE has released the Latest Updated Syllabus for the New Academic Session 2023-24 on March 31st, 2023, for class 11.
CBSE Board has released the latest Class 11 Political Science syllabus which is to be strictly followed. Below please find our detailed analysis of Board Paper pattern, Unit-wise summary for the New Session 2023-24.
We have also updated Oswal Gurukul Books as per the Latest Paper Pattern prescribed by Board for each Subject Curriculum.
Students can directly access the CBSE Political science Syllabus for Class 11 of the academic year 2023-24 by clicking on the link below.
PDF download links to the latest Class 11 Political science Syllabus for 2023-24 academic session
Please Click on Download Now
CBSE Class 11 Political Science Latest Syllabus 2023-24
|Chapter No.||Chapter Name||No. of Periods||Marks Allotted|
|1||Constitution: Why and How?||12||8|
|2||Rights in the Indian Constitution||8|
|3||Election and Representation||14||6|
|9||Constitution as a Living Document||6||4|
|10||The Philosophy of the Constitution||6|
|No. of periods & marks allotted to Indian Constitution at Work||112||40|
|1||Political Theory: An Introduction||8||4|
|No. of periods & marks allotted for Political Theory||99||40|
CBSE Class 11 Political Science Question Paper Design 2023-24
|1||Knowledge and Remembering: Exhibit memory of previously learned material by recalling facts, terms, basic concepts.||22||27.5%|
|2||Understanding: Understanding of facts and ideas by organizing, comparing, explaining, describing, and stating main ideas.||24||30%|
|3||Applying: Solve problems by applying acquired knowledge, facts to interpret a situation/ cartoon/ clippings/ sources/ Map||22||27.5%|
|4||Analysis and Evaluation: Classify, compare, contrast, or differentiatebetween pieces of information; organize and/ or integrate from a variety of sources; Examine, synthesize information into parts and identify motives or causes. Make inferences and find evidence to support generalizations.||12||15%|
Note: Competency based questions for the examinations to be conducted in the academic year 2023-24 will be 40%
in class XII
Question Paper Design
|Book||Objective Type/ MCQ (1 Mark)||Short Answers Type I (2 Marks)||Short Answers Type II (4 Marks)||Passage /Map / Cartoon based (4 Marks||Long Answers (6 Marks)||Total Marks|
Contemporary World Politics
Politics in India since Independence
|6||3||2||2(Cartoon and Map)||2||40|
|Total No. of Marks and Questions||1×12=12||2×6=12||4×5=20||4×3=12||6×4=24||80+20=100|
Scheme of Options:
- Question paper will be in five parts (A, B, C, D & E). There will be an internal choice in Part C (Short Answer Type II in
one or two questions) and Part-E. (Long Answers in all the questions)
- In order to assess different mental abilities of learners, question paper is likely to include questions based on
passages, visuals such as maps, cartoons. No factual question will be asked on the information given in the plus
(+) boxes in the textbooks.
- Map question can be given from any lesson of Book 2(Politics in India since Independence); but weightage of
lessons should remain unaltered.
- Cartoon and passage-based questions can be asked from either textbook, but weightage of lessons should be
- The Project work will be implemented for 20 Marks.
- Out of 20 marks, 10 marks are to be allotted to viva voce and 10 marks for project work.
- For class XII, the evaluation for 20 marks project work should be done jointly by the internal and external examiners and
for class XI the evaluation can be done by the internal examiner.
- The project can be individual/pair/group of 4-5 each. The Project can be made on any of the topics given in the syllabus
of a particular class or any contemporary issues.
- The project work can be culminated in the form of films, albums, songs, storytelling, debate, Role Play, Skit, Presentation,
Model, Field Survey, Mock Drills/Mock Event etc.
- The teacher should give enough time for preparation of the Project Work. The topics for Project Work taken up by the
student must be discussed by the teacher in classroom.
- Students can use primary sources available in city archives, Primary sources can also include newspaper cuttings,
photographs, film footage and recorded written/speeches. Secondary sources may also be used after proper
- At the end of the stipulated term, each learner will present the research work in the Project File to the External and Internal
- The questions should be asked from the Research Work/ Project File of the learner.
- The Internal Examiner should ensure that the study submitted by the learner is his/her original work.
- In case of any doubt, authenticity should be checked and verified.
The marks will be allocated under the following heads:
|2.||Variety Of Contents||3|
The Changes for Class 11 (2023-24) Year-end Board Examinations are as under:
|Particulars||Academic Session 2022-23||Academic Session 2023-24|
|Composition of question paperyear-end examination/ Board Examination (Theory)||
2022-23 Reduced Syllabus
(for reference purposes only)
Share page on
To download the complete Syllabus (PDF File), Please fill & submit the form below.