Are you looking for the list of Commerce Subjects In CBSE Class 11 & 12? Commerce Subjects are majorly mandatory subjects & a few optional subjects.
After finishing the 10th standard, life isn’t as vibrant as everyone expects. There is a key step one must take; choosing which stream one desires to pursue. This task is not simple as it determines a lot about a child’s future life. It’s a critical stage, therefore to make things easy for you, we’ll go through one of the primary streams, commerce, and all of its features.
Commerce subject is the study of industrial and retail activities such as commodity trading and financial management from the producer to the end-user. In 11th commerce subjects and 12th commerce subjects, several disciplines such as Economics, Accountancy, and Business Studies are part of the Commerce stream. As a result, people who are serious about this field might only register for a Commerce course after 10th grade.
What advantage is education if it is not put to use? Everything in commerce, whether it’s management studies, accounting, or economics, has an immediate application in every element of life.
What Exactly Is Commerce?
Commerce is a sub-discipline of business. Its focus is on the exchange of commodities and services. It encompasses all acts that either directly or indirectly assist the trade. Benefits Of Studying Commerce also offer other advantages, such as employment generation and higher living standards. Commerce is in charge of the company’s distribution. Whatever is created must be eaten, and a good distribution channel is required to support this consumption.
How Many Subjects Are There In Commerce Class 11?
Many students have questions relating to what are the subjects in commerce Class 11. How many subjects in commerce Class 11 are really beneficial? How many subjects in commerce class 11 are mandatory or optional? All these questions are answered below.
The fundamental subjects taught as Commerce subjects in CBSE Class 11 and 12 are largely separated into mandatory subjects and a few optional ones.
Make sure to choose the optional subject that interests you after finalizing which subject is easy in class 11. If you are uncertain about which topic to study, we recommended that you map out your interests using psychometric and biometric exams. You can take DMIT Tests, Aptitude Tests, IQ Tests, and Personality Tests to help you map out your interests and determine the subject of the relevant art based on them.
After completing class 11 commerce & Class 12 commerce, students can pursue a variety of professional courses through the Commerce stream. A few popular and professionally fulfilling job alternatives for Commerce professionals include Chartered Accountancy (CA), Company Secretary (CS), Cost and Management Accountant (CMA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Banking Sector, Teaching, and so on.
Listed below are mandatory and optional CBSE 11th commerce subjects.
- Accountancy (Mandatory)
- Business Studies (Mandatory)
- English (Mandatory)
- Economics (Mandatory)
- Entrepreneurship (Primary Optional)
- Mathematics (Primary Optional)
- Information Practices (Primary Optional)
- Physical Education (Secondary Optional)
- Other Language (Secondary Optional)
- Fine Arts (Secondary Optional)
More details about the commerce subject list class 11 are as follows:
- Accountancy – Accountancy, a commerce subject in class 11 CBSE is the discipline of documenting, assigning, and describing commercial transactions. It offers management with an assessment of an establishment’s financial results and rating. Class 11 Accountancy Syllabus 2022-23 includes transaction recording, categorization, and reporting.
- Business Studies – Business Studies, a commerce subject in 11th std, is a broad social science subject that provides for in-depth study of a variety of specialties. Finance, accounting, marketing, and organization are all aspects of this subject in Class 11 Business Studies Syllabus 2022-23.
- English – English is one of the required topics in all streams. In addition to emphasizing the need of increasing writing and speaking abilities, the curriculum emphasizes the importance of strengthening reading skills via English literature. These concepts are included in Class 11 English Syllabus 2022-23. Students in the 11th and 12th grades benefit from English Literature lessons and examinations such as the IELTS, TOEFL, English Olympiad, and others.
- Economics – Economics may be described in a variety of ways. It is the study of scarcity, about how humans understand the best use of resources. It teaches people how individuals, businesses, and governments use their resources to meet needs and requirements. These concepts are included in Class 11 Economics Syllabus 2022-23.
- Entrepreneurship – Entrepreneurship is the capacity and willingness to create, organize, and manage a business operation, including all of its risks, in order to profit. Entrepreneurship including land, labour, natural resources, and capital can yield a profit in economics. The entrepreneurial perspective is characterized by exploration and risk-taking, and it is an essential component of a country’s ability to flourish in an ever-changing competitive global economy.
- Mathematics – Mathematics is a vital aspect of commerce since all economic procedures rely on numbers. The majority of businesses employ mathematics in managing inventory, marketing, accounting, financial analysis, and sales forecasting. These concepts are part of Class 11 Maths Syllabus 2022-23. Commerce without maths subjects in class 11 and commerce with maths subjects class 11 are also available as choices. Class 11 Applied Mathematics Syllabus 2022-23 includes Calculus, Descriptive Statistics, Coordinate Geometry, Mathematical Reasoning and Probability.
- Information Practices – Informatics Practices is a subfield of software research. The course focuses on software, networking ideas, and coding. This discipline is similar to Computer Science but does not include hardware principles. It focuses on networking ideas rather than computer science.
- Physical Education – In its most recent versions, the new CBSE Physical Education curriculum includes the key topics of health and physical education. Physical Education is among the easiest optional subjects in commerce class 11. Class 11 Physical Education Syllabus 2022-23 includes:
➤ Psychological advantages provided by sports.
➤ Cognitive and coordination characteristics.
➤ Diseases caused by lifestyle
➤ Sports biomechanics
➤ The significance of nutrition in sports, as well as other essential chapters
- Other Language – Some students study languages because they have a genuine interest in them. Others may do so because of future job goals. According to research, high-achieving students in capital cities are more likely to study a language in grades 11 and 12. Learning a new language will allow you to communicate with people and boost your options to work and study abroad.
- Fine Arts – Economics, History, Political Science, Geography, Sociology, Philosophy, Psychology, Computer Science, Regional Languages, Hindi, and other arts topics are available under the Arts Stream. There are several jobs available following the Arts stream, ranging from law and literary studies to journalism and hotel administration. Fine Arts is one of the best arts stream courses for individuals who desire to work in an artistic and creative profession such as Painting, Graphics, Commercial Art, or Applied Arts, among others.
Graduates of Bachelor of Fine Arts, Master of Fine Arts, and other programs can work in Art Therapy, Multimedia Programming, Set Designing, Film Direction, and other fields. Class 11 Psychology Syllabus 2022-23 includes Human Development, Human Memory and Bases of Human Behavior. Class 11 Sociology Syllabus 2022-23 includes the link between society and other Social Science fields.
How Many Subjects Are There In Commerce Class 12?
Many students have questions relating to what subjects are there in commerce Class 12? which subjects are there in commerce Class 12 that are really beneficial? All these questions are answered below.
Promoting to Class 12th marks the start of a new adventure. You have been studying fundamental knowledge courses till class 11th, but class 12th gives you the opportunity to study the stream in depth. Commerce is critical to a country’s success. As a result, commerce is the most popular stream when compared to science. The subjects in the commerce stream in class 12 include the study of the economy, trade, finance, and business operations.
CBSE boards provide a variety of course combinations in the class 12 commerce program. You can select subjects based on your professional goals and the extent of the subject. Utilize the study tips for class 12 commerce subject and gain respective knowledge.
Accountancy, Business Studies, Economics, English, Mathematics, Informatics Practices, Computer Science, and other courses will be studied in Class 12. For students in class 12, the CBSE board provides both obligatory and elective topics. You can select an optional subject based on your interests.
The CBSE Class 12 Commerce Subjects List may be seen in the list below.
- Accountancy (Mandatory)
- Business Studies (Mandatory)
- English (Mandatory)
- Economics (Mandatory)
- Entrepreneurship (Optional)
- Mathematics (Optional)
- Information Practices (Optional)
- Physical Education (Optional)
- Other Language (Optional)
- Fine Arts (Optional)
More details about the Commerce All Subjects in Class 12 are as follows:
- Accountancy – Accounting, a commerce stream subject is one of the most significant disciplines in business school. The course is primarily concerned with comprehending the recording of company transactions and the creation of financial statements. In class 12, you can select between Company Accounts and Financial Statement Analysis. The following are the most essential ideas covered in the Class 12 Accountancy Syllabus:
✔ Receipt & Payment A/c
✔ Balance Sheet
✔ Accounting for Partnership
✔ Income & Expenditure A/c
- Business Studies – This course will aid you to learn and grasp key concepts in company management, such as best practices, management principles, and so on. The course is structured into three sections: Management Principles and Functions, Business Finance and Marketing, and Project Work. The following topics are covered in the Class 12 Business Studies Syllabus – Organizing, Planning, and Staffing, Controlling and directing business finance and marketing
- English – English is a crucial topic in 12th CBSE Commerce subject to improve your communication and language abilities. The subject’s main concentration areas are Reading Comprehension, Writing Skills & Grammar, Literature & Long Reading.
- Economics – In class 12, you will discover fundamental components and ideas presented in economics as well as an outline of the functioning of Indian and other economies. Macroeconomics and Microeconomics are the topics taught in the Class 12 Economics Syllabus.
➤ Introduction, basic economy, the market economy, economic activity organization, and so on.
➤ Theory of consumer behaviour: demand law, variations in the demand curve, elasticity, and so on.
➤ Production and costs include the Law of Diminishing Marginal Product, the Law of Variable Proportions, returns to scale, short-run and long-run expenses, and so on.
➤ Non-competitive marketplaces and market equilibrium
➤ Concepts and Introduction
➤ Accounting for National Income
➤ Banking and Finance
➤ Current Account and Capital Account Balances, Surplus and Deficit
- Entrepreneurship – Those who desire to start their own business or develop their existing firm can choose entrepreneurship as an elective topic. These themes’ principal topics are:
➤ Detecting Entrepreneurial Possibilities
➤ Monitoring Market Study
➤ Detection of Entrepreneurial Possibilities
➤ Enterprise Selection
➤ Steps in Enterprise Establishment
➤ Fundamental Characteristics of a Successful Business
- Mathematics – If you study Mathematics in grade 12, you can pursue a career as a CA, CS, CMA, or other professional. You can also choose B.Com (Hons. ), Economics (Hons. ), and a variety of other disciplines as undergraduate degrees. Mathematics topics cover the following key concepts:
➤ Functions and Relationships
➤ Trigonometric Inverse Functions
➤ Determinants of Matrices,
➤ Continuity, and
- Information Practices – IP is one of the Commerce stream’s computer and software-related disciplines. It involves information processing, software, networking, and coding in general. It may appear to be related to Computer Science, however, it does not include hardware principles. For individuals interested in statistics and analytics, information practices or computer science are excellent 12th Commerce group Subjects options. These subjects address the following important topics:
➤ Plotting with Pyplot
➤ Python Pandas
➤ Introduction to software engineering
- Physical Education – Physical education is another popular subject on the list of extra disciplines. PE is one of the simplest Commerce Stream optional subjects. As the name implies, Physical Education focuses on sports, physical fitness, and physiology. The theory is only a minor part of this subject. You can choose this topic if you want to pursue a career in sports, health and nutrition, or fitness. The following are the primary subjects studied in Physical Education in the Class 12 commerce stream:
➤ Sports Planning
➤ Nutrition and Sports
➤ Yoga and a Healthy Lifestyle
➤ CWSN Physical Education and Sports (Children with Special Needs – Divyang)
- Other Language – Other languages can be chosen if you want to learn fresh and diverse languages from India and other countries. Among the languages available are:
- Fine Arts – English, Economics, History, Geography, Sociology, and Psychology are the key topics included in the regular commerce syllabus for Class 12 (Arts). The main topics include:
➤ Harappan Civilization to the Bhakti-Sufi movement
➤ 10th century to the 17th century – Themes in Indian History
➤ Contemporary World Politics
➤ India’s External Relations,
➤ Recent Developments in Indian Politics
➤ Aspects of Indian society,
➤ Social inequality and
➤ Challenges of cultural diversity
➤ Social Change & Development in India
Benefits Of Choosing Commerce Stream In Class 11 And 12
Commerce is one of the most diverse fields of study, with a wide range of interdisciplinary specialties available to students. The main subjects in commerce include Business and Management to Media and Marketing, from which students can pick. Commerce students can readily pursue Management degrees for further education and a job.
A few top reasons for studying Commerce after the 10th grade:
✔ The commerce stream offers a wide range of professional courses, and important disciplines such as Accountancy, Economics, and Business Studies. These assists students develop a solid fundamental knowledge of the business and corporate world.
✔ Commerce also includes a wide number of topic combinations and interdisciplinary specialties in Management, Economics, Business, and other fields.
✔ Commerce, as a sought-after career path, is a unique blend of economic theories put into practice. The fundamentals and core concepts you learn about business and management can be applied to real-world experiences. Students learn about decision-making and problem-solving in a corporate environment.
✔ After completing your 12th grade, you can pursue some of the most prestigious and high-paying positions in commerce which subjects are there related to Company Secretaryship, Chartered Accountancy, Financial Analyst, and many more.
✔ If you enjoy analyzing statistics, a job in finance is ideal for you. If, on the other hand, you are interested in how business organizations work and how to multitask and manage multiple tasks effectively, there are numerous management courses available.
One of the most important decisions for students between the ages of 15 and 16 is deciding which of the three major streams after the 10th. Because this decision will shape the next several years of one’s life, it is reasonable to have uncertainties and to go through all available information in order to make the best option.
After the 10th grade, students can pursue a career in commerce. Commerce subject name thinking leads to a lucrative career with a high salary and well-respected jobs such as financial consultant, secretary of the company, executive governance, banking, auditors, and financial adviser, among others. Accounting, tally, computer accounting, stock market, financial accounting, marketing, and other short-term professional courses are provided to commerce students. As a result, commerce is a rewarding professional choice when choosing Commerce Subjects In CBSE Class 11 & 12. Also, commerce students can choose from a broad range of vocational courses after 12th commerce completion and regular courses after 12th commerce completion based on their area of interest.
1. How many subjects should I choose for class 11 Commerce?
Accountancy, Business Studies, Economics, Mathematics/Informatics Practices, and English are the five mandatory courses for Class 11 Commerce students. Entrepreneurship and Physical Education are optional studies in addition to these.
2. What are some of the best Commerce books to follow for CBSE Class 12 students?
Some of the best Accountancy books to follow for CBSE class 12 students are as follows:
✔ Most Likely Question Bank (Set of 4)
✔ 36 Sample Papers for Commerce CBSE Class 12 combined Book
✔ CBSE Last Years Solved Papers for Commerce Combined Book
✔ A Textbook of Business Studies for CBSE Class 12
3. What are some good topics for Business Studies Project Work for Class 12?
Some of the good topics for Business Studies Project Work for Class 12 are as follows:
✔ Principles of Management Project in Business Studies
✔ Marketing Management
✔ Consumer Protection
✔ Elements of Business Environment
✔ Stock Exchange
4. What are some of the best topics for class 12 Economics project?
Some of the best topics for class 12 Economics project are as follows:
✔ Passing on Benefits of GST to Consumer
✔ Impact of GST on FDI
✔ Indirect Impact of GST on Income Tax
✔ Self Help Group