NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Political Science - Civics
Political Science is one of the 4 sections in Class 10’s Social Science subject. NCERT Solutions Class 10 Political Science is a comprehensive guide to the complex world of politics and governance.
By providing detailed explanations of important topics and questions, a resource is an invaluable tool for students looking to deepen their understanding of the subject.
If you are preparing for board exams in 2023, NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Political Science Civics is a must-have resource. What is truly remarkable is that teachers recommend this book to even those who are just interested in learning more about Indian politics as this CBSE Class 10 civics book covers fundamentals.
If you are looking for NCERT Solutions Class 10 Political Science, this provides everything you need to know about the subject, including important topics, questions, and detailed explanations.
NCERT Solutions Class 10 Political Science (Civics)
Class 10 Political Science Civics is a crucial subject in the CBSE Class 10 curriculum, as it helps students understand the complex world of political situations and details. Often, major events are presented in a fragmented way so students may not have a clearer understanding of what actually happened in the past that has shaped present-day laws, regulations, and amendments.
That's why it is important to study from the right resources and the NCERT Solutions Class 10 Political Science Civics is a great resource to gain a deeper understanding of the subject.
On this page, you will get access to a comprehensive guide to the NCERT Solutions Class 10 Political Science, including Class 10 civics chapters, important topics, which questions in Pol Sci Civics chapters for Class 10 has a higher chance to be asked in the 2023 exam, what are the features of NCERT Solutions Class 10 Civics, benefits of studying from SST Political Science Class 10, questions regarding Class 10 civics NCERT solutions, and FAQs on Civics Political Science 10th class and Class 10 civics solutions with detailed explanations.
NCERT Solutions Class 10 Political Science (Civics) Chapter
The NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Political Science covers all the chapters as approved by the board for the 2023 exam.
The Political Science Civics portion is titled Democratic Politics II and 20 marks are allotted. For your benefit, we’ve explained a bit about each of the 5 chapters in the Social Science Political Science portion of Class 10.
- In the 1st chapter of the Class 10 Social Science Political Science portion, Power Sharing, you’ll know how power sharing is an essential aspect of any democratic government. In this chapter, you'll learn about the different forms of power sharing, internationally, such as horizontal and vertical power sharing. You'll also study the reasons why power sharing is important and the challenges it faces in our country.
Some important topics in NCERT solution of Civics Class 10 chapter 1 are: Different forms of power-sharing in modern democracies, constitutional amendments, governments in Belgium and Sri Lanka, forms of power-sharing, community government, and the benefits of power-sharing to social groups, lingual, Group and religious groups.
- In the 2nd chapter, students learn about federalism in relation to the division of power between the central and state governments. This chapter explores the various aspects of federalism, including the division of powers, sources of revenue for both the central and state governments, and the challenges faced by the federal system in India.
Some important topics in NCERT solutions for Class 10 Civics chapter 2 are: Features of federalism, power-sharing arrangement in India, the importance of local government in present-day democracy, types of federations, reasons for decentralization in India, role of the judiciary in the implementation of constitutional provisions and procedures, the role of panchayats in rural areas. The
- 3rd chapter of the Class 10 Social Science Political Science portion explores gender, religion, and caste issues in India. Gender, religion, and caste are important factors that shape our society. In this chapter, students study the impact of these factors on politics and society. They also learn about the challenges faced by marginalized groups and the efforts being made to ensure their inclusion.
The NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Civics Chapter 4 (Political Science) highlights different types of movements, amendments, caste hierarchy systems, and constitutional provisions present in India.
Some important topics in CBSE NCERT Solutions for 10th Political Science chapter 3 are: Different forms of communal politics, different aspects of life in which Indian women are discriminated against, constitutional provisions, caste inequalities in India, forms of communalism in politics, laws, and caste system in politics.
- The 4th chapter, Political Parties, is one of the most important Class 10 Civics chapters in the 2023 exam. Political parties play a critical role in the functioning of a democracy. Especially in India where the diversification is so huge, and we have a federal form of government, each political party, ever since the beginning of independence, has played an important role in shaping the country as we’re today.
In this chapter, students learn about the different types of political parties in India, their role in shaping public opinion, and the challenges faced by political parties in our country.
Some important topics in NCERT Civics Class 10 chapter 4 are: Need for a party in a democracy, challenges to political parties, types of political parties in India, the role of citizens in reforming the political parties, the role of an opposition party, welfare schemes, and importance of socialism, communalism, and secularism.
- In the 5th chapter of Pol Science Class 10, students learn about the Outcomes of Democracy. The ultimate aim of democracy is to ensure the well-being of its citizens. In this chapter, students explore the different outcomes of democracy, including economic growth, social justice, and political stability. The chapter explores the challenges that democracy faces in delivering these outcomes.
Some important topics in the 5th chapter of NCERT Solutions Civics book Class 10 are: How are democratic governments better than other forms of governments, main features in all democratic set-ups of the governments, the main outcome of democracy, expectation from the government for democracy, types of governmental rules, benefits of democracy in India, and does the world favor democracy.
The Pol Science Civics chapters for Class 10 are as per the actual happenings and all the topics, events, and laws are presented subjectively. You can consult Oswal Publishers’ Oswal – Gurukul series’ NCERT Solutions for Social Science Political Science Civics book Class 10 to score 90+ in SST 2023 board exam.
CBSE Class 10 Political Science (Civics) Chapter-wise Marks Weightage
The Social Science’s Political Science Class 10 question paper consists of 38 questions in 5 sections. Marking distribution for Class 10 as per the sample question paper 2022-23 released by the board:
|Type/format/pattern of questions||Marks for the questions||Total|
|Section A consists of 20 objective-type questions||01 mark each||20|
|Section B consists of 6 Very Short questions||02 marks each||12|
|Section C consists of 7 Short Answer type questions||03 marks each||21|
|Section D consists of 3 Long Answer type questions||05 marks each||15|
|Section E consists of 3 source-based/case-based units of assessment.||04 marks each||12|
The Political Science portion in the Social Science subject is 20 marks. The chapter-wise bifurcation of unit 3, Democratic Politics – II, is as follows:
|Gender, Religion and Caste||3|
|Outcomes of Democracy||3|
Key Features of Class 10 Political Science (Civics)
Class 10 Political Science (Civics) section is a critical subject that helps students understand the political processes that shape our society. So, studying from a verified NCERT Solutions for Political Science (Civics) is imperative for Class 10 students.
With a focus on the Indian political system, this Social Science subject covers topics such as power sharing, federalism, democracy, and gender politics. Here are the 5 key features of Class 10 Political Science (Civics) that every student should know:
- Focus on Democratic Values One of the essential features of Class 10 Political Science (Civics) is its emphasis on democratic values. The subject teaches students about the importance of democracy, equality, justice, and freedom in a diverse society like India. Students learn about the functioning of democratic institutions, such as the parliament, the judiciary, and the executive. This knowledge helps them become responsible citizens who can participate actively in the democratic process.
- In-depth Coverage of Key Topics Class 10 Political Science (Civics) covers a range of topics that are critical to understanding the Indian political system. From power sharing to popular political parties, the subject provides an in-depth analysis of the key concepts that shape our society. Students learn about the different challenges faced by India today.
- Real-life Examples All the chapters in the Pol Science Civics Class 10 index highlights real-life examples and events to illustrate the key concepts of the subject. Students learn about the Chipko Movement, the Narmada Bachao Andolan, and the Right to Information Movement, which are all examples of popular struggles and movements that have shaped our democracy. By knowing these, the concepts are more relatable and understandable for students.
- Critical Thinking Skills NCERT Solutions of Class 10 Political Science (Civics) encourages students to develop critical thinking skills. The subject teaches students how to analyze political processes, evaluate different perspectives, and form informed opinions. By developing critical thinking skills, students can become more confident in their ability to understand and engage with the political world around them.
Benefits of Studying from NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Political Science (Civics)
The NCERT Solutions book will help students in understanding topics in Civics Pol Science Class 10 and interesting real-life events and movements. With NCERT Class 10 Political Science solutions book, they’ll understand everything about Indian democracy.
Here are the 4 benefits of including NCERT Solutions for Class 10 in your preparation strategy:
- Helps in Clearer Understanding NCERT Solutions are an integral part of Class 10 Political Science (Civics) as these solutions provide comprehensive and well-researched answers to the questions in the textbook. By using these solutions, students can deepen their understanding of the subject and prepare effectively for their exams. With NCERT Solutions, students can build a strong foundation in the subject and excel in their exams.
- Framed by Qualified Teachers NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Political Science (Civics) are prepared by subject matter expert teachers who have in-depth knowledge of the subject. These solutions are accurate and reliable, providing students with a solid foundation in the subject. By studying from NCERT Solutions, students can be confident that they are getting the correct answers to their questions.
- Self-assessment Made Easy All of the NCERT Solutions’ Civics chapters in Class 10 have questions and detailed answers. This becomes an excellent resource for exam preparation. These solutions provide students with a clear idea of the type of questions that can be asked in the exam.
- The Civics Book Class 10 Gives Deeper Insights that Led to Building the Political System We See Today NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Political Science (Civics) are designed to give students an understanding of the past events that have shaped our country’s present and changes to be made for a better future. All the laws, regulations, modifications, and movements encourage students to think critically, analyze different perspectives, and form informed opinions. By developing these skills, students can become more confident in their ability to understand and engage with the political world around them.
FAQ's on NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Political Science
Ans: Oswal Publishers’ Class 10 Civics NCERT Solutions are prepared by expert teachers of Social Science. We regularly update the content as per the latest civics Class 10 index. We ensure all the contents on the civics book Class 10 NCERT Solutions are error-free.
Ans: Just like other parts of Class 10 Social Science’s section of History, Geography, and Economics, Political Science’s weightage is also 20 marks.
Ans: The main object of all the chapters in Class 10 Political Science (Civics) is to impart students with the knowledge and skills needed to become responsible citizens. With its focus on democratic values, and in-depth coverage of key topics, NCERT Solutions of Political Science (Civics) provides students with a comprehensive understanding of the Indian political system.
Ans: Yes, students can rely on Class 10 civics ncert solutions for exam preparations. All the NCERT Solutions provide comprehensive coverage of the subject and these are prepared by subject matter experts.