CBSE class 12 board exam is important as this sets the foundation of your career. Scoring well in class 12 boards opens doors to limitless possibilities. Unlike earlier, when people used to make fun of students who took Humanities or Arts, saying they were weak in studies or they won’t have many career options in humanities, times have changed today.
Today, studying Humanities/Arts allows you to deeply understand the aspects of human society, politics, behaviour, and culture. So, CBSE class 12 Humanities students, you are doing great!
- ▪ 1. Time Management Study Tips For Class 12 Humanities
- ▪ 2. Syllabus-Wise Planning Study Tips For Class 12 To Score 90+ In CBSE Board Exam 2022-23
- ▪ 3. Daily Rituals For CBSE Class 12 Humanities Students
- ▪ 4. How To Evaluate Your Class 12 CBSE Preparation?
- ▪ 5. Practice Materials For CBSE Class 12 Humanities To Prepare For Board Exam 2022-23
- ▪ 6. Exam-Taking Strategy For CBSE 12 Board
- ▪ Ace Your Exam With These 6 Study Tips For Class 12 Humanities Students
This article is dedicated to class 12 Humanities students appearing for the CBSE board exam 2022-23. It covers how to score good marks in class 12 Humanities.
Scroll further to read the 6 study tips for class 12 Humanities students and resources to help you score 90+.
First, you need to strengthen your foundation. For that, you need to understand the CBSE syllabus for Class 12 Humanities subjects to prepare for your board exam well. The Humanities syllabus will help you determine which subjects to start with.
There are 8 subjects in class 12 CBSE Humanities: English, Economics, Political Science, History, Geography, Sociology, Psychology, and Physical Education.
Students of CBSE class 12 Humanities, here’s the complete class 12 syllabus for 2022–2023:
- CBSE Class 12 Psychology Syllabus 2022-23
- CBSE Class 12 Economics Syllabus 2022-23
- CBSE Class 12 Political Science Syllabus 2022-23
- CBSE Class 12 Sociology Syllabus 2022-23
- CBSE Class 12 History Syllabus 2022-23
- CBSE Class 12 Geography Syllabus 2022-23
- CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus 2022-23
- CBSE Class 12 Physical Education Syllabus 2022-23
- CBSE Class 12 Indian Arts Syllabus 2022-23
After you’ve read each syllabus carefully, the next step is to prepare for time management so that you can focus on each subject.
1. Time Management Study Tips For Class 12 Humanities
The most important preparation tip for Humanities students of CBSE class 12 board exam is to manage your time properly. In this section, we’ve divided a study time plan, yearly and monthly, that will help you schedule your studies properly.
A. Macroscopic time management (year-long)
If you are thinking: about how to score good marks in class 12 Humanities,
The answer is: You need a macroscopic time management schedule before preparing for your board 12 exams because this gives you a structured format.
Let’s see how you can do that:
Divide each syllabus into weekly and monthly targets.
A template like this would be helpful. Download this pic. This can be your weekly study planner.
- Every week, fill in the details of chapters you’ve studied
- Then, revise with Last Years’ 10 Solved Papers Humanities CBSE Class 12 For Exam 2023 – This Oswal – Gurukul Humanities solved papers consists of 8 subjects: English, Economics, Political Science, History, Geography, Sociology, Psychology, and Physical Education.
- Alternatively, you should also practice with each subject’s Question Banks as it’ll help you understand the different concept questions and their weightage, which will help you prepare you for class 12th CBSE board exam 2023 more effectively:
- Economics Question Bank CBSE Class 12 For 2023 Exam
- Political Science Question Bank CBSE Class 12 For Exam 2023
- History Question Bank CBSE Class 12 For 2023 Exam
- English Core Question Bank CBSE Class 12 For 2023 Exam
- Geography Question Bank CBSE Class 12 For 2023 Exam
- Bhartiya Kala Ka Itihas Textbook (Hindi Medium) CBSE Class 11 & 12
- History Of Indian Arts Textbook CBSE Class 11 & 12
- Physical Education Textbook For CBSE Class 12
Revise with these books and write in the monthly planner. Measure which subjects you need to focus on and which are your strengths. Only if you can measure it can you improve on it.
B. Microscopic time management (daily)
For your yearly macroscopic time management to be fruitful, you must take small actions. And that starts with microscopic time management.
Do a few activities daily that will make your yearly study plan fruitful.
A few daily activities could be:
- Waking by 5 am
- Studying 4-5 hours without any distractions
- Sleeping by 10 pm
- Avoiding or minimizing social media as it might lead to distraction
- Drinking 3 litres of water helps in concentration and keeps you healthy
- Doing workout and mindfulness activities
Doing it daily will compound and give you results that will be reflected in your final CBSE class 12 board.
C. Extra resources
Few other important study tips for class 12 Humanities students are to have a handy list of apps, time tracking tools, daily logs, and resources that you can use to manage time more effectively:
List of helpful study apps and online resources:
- Go to Oswal.io – A digital assessment guide that will help you identify your strengths and weaknesses. You can design your own tests and improve your preparation by taking more tests.
- Wonderslate – They provide smart content and premium course materials. You can also access Oswal Publishers directly from here. Just download their app or go to this link and sign up.
Time tracking tools you can install:
- Toggl Track
- Google Keep
Alternatively, you can also do the Pomodoro technique to manage your time more efficiently.
2. Syllabus-Wise Planning Study Tips For Class 12 To Score 90+ In CBSE Board Exam 2022-23
If you don’t plan properly, you plan to fail. So, to score 90+ in your CBSE board exam 2022-23, you have to structure your studies.
Let’s understand some core concepts first:
A. What is syllabus-wise planning?
Syllabus-wise planning means making a study plan per your subject’s syllabus.
If you’re thinking about how to prepare for CBSE board exam class 12 Humanities, we’ve divided each subject’s study plan:
1. How do you score full marks in Psychology?
Revise with Last Years 10 Solved Papers Humanities CBSE Class 12 For Exam 2023. This includes solutions provided per the CBSE marking scheme.
Understand the core concepts of each psychological theory and ask yourself the questions.
2. How to score full marks in English and how to study for boards class 12 Humanities?
One of the most important tips for Humanities students is to revise with English Core Most Likely Question Bank CBSE Class 12 For 2023 exam.
It highlights the knowledge-based and skill-based questions covering the Language and Literature portions.
3. How to study for class 12 Humanities and score full marks in Economics?
To score full marks in CBSE class 12 Economics paper, thoroughly read, understand and master all the topics given in the NCERT books that CBSE prescribes.
For more practice and knowledge, we recommend the Economics Most Likely Question Bank CBSE Class 12 For 2023 Exam.
4. How to score good marks in class 12 Humanities subject Political Science?
In Political Science, you may have to remember a lot, but the truth is cramming up the theory will not give you good results. First, self-study and understand the events logically.
Remember: Smart work will give effective results only once hard work is done. For detailed guidance, refer to Political Science Most Likely Question Bank CBSE Class 12 For Exam 2023.
5. How to study for boards class 12 Humanities and score full marks in History?
To score full marks in History, making notes of chapter-wise events is one of the most effective tips for humanities students.
Note down important dates, names of the battles, treaties, and significant facts about the Indian Constitution. This will help you when you’re revising before the actual exam.
Oswal – Gurukul’s History’s Question Bank CBSE Class 12 For 2023 Exam is a great resource that will help you in your preparation.
6. How to study for class 12 Humanities and score full marks in Geography?
Preparation tips for Humanities students who are studying Geography: Revise with Geography Question Bank CBSE Class 12 For 2023 Exam as it has MCQs, Case-based, Assertion & Reasoning based, Very Short/Short/Long Answer Type questions as per the revised syllabus.
Learn in points and understand the maps minutely.
7. How to study for class 12 Humanities subject History of Indian Arts?
There are 2 books you can consider to score well in History of Indian Arts: Bhartiya Kala Ka Itihas Textbook (Hindi Medium) CBSE Class 11 & 12 and History Of Indian Arts Textbook CBSE Class 11 & 12.
Both these books detail theoretical and practical aspects of drawing and painting skills based on human feelings.
8. How to score good marks in class 12 Humanities subject Physical Education?
B. Why does it work?
Structuring your class 12 syllabus like this works because it gives you the confidence over which chapters need you of utmost importance. You also study in a stress-free zone when you’re organized and complete your syllabus on time.
C. How to study for boards class 12 Humanities syllabus-wise planning?
A few other study tips for class 12 Humanities students to prepare well:
- Study every day, at the same time. Take notes and write them down.
- Don’t just read and skim; you need to analyze and understand it properly. So always ask questions to yourself.
- Summarize the key points of the chapters and identify the main problems covered.
- After studying each chapter, test your understanding. If you struggle with certain questions, make a note of these areas for additional study.
- Don’t waste time studying things you already know.
- Stay focused and don’t compare your studies with your friends.
- Drink water. Have high energy every time you study. You’ll automatically be motivated to do well.
3. Daily Rituals For CBSE Class 12 Humanities Students
Here’s a list of the 12 daily routines to help CBSE class 12 Humanities for board exam 2022-23:
- Wake up by 5 am every day.
- Journal and write how you’re feeling every day.
- Have a healthy breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- Listen to calming music to remain stress-free.
- Do not compare your studies with your friends.
- Talk to yourself every day to motivate yourself.
- Visualize your goals every day.
- Solve test papers every day.
- Go to bed early to wake up early. This is one of the most important study tips for class 12 Humanities students.
- Revise and write to retain what you’ve studied.
4. How To Evaluate Your Class 12 CBSE Preparation?
Once you’ve followed your routine properly, it’s time to evaluate how you’re doing.
Here’s how CBSE class 12 Humanities students can evaluate the preparation:
- Make a weekly goal of the subjects you need to finish and give a mock test paper every week.
- Revise with Last Years 10 Solved Papers Humanities CBSE Class 12 For Exam 2023. This includes solutions provided by the CBSE marking scheme.
As per the CBSE 2022-23 class 12 Humanities exam pattern, the exam will be of 3 hours.
|Marks Allotted for Theory – 70 marks |
Marks Allotted for Practical – 30 marks
|Types of questions: |
Very Short Answer Questions
Short Answer Questions
Long Answer Questions
5. Practice Materials For CBSE Class 12 Humanities To Prepare For Board Exam 2022-23
Students of CBSE class 12 Humanities, we’ve curated a list of
- Question Bank
- 10 Years Solved Papers
That will help you clear your doubts easily.
Btw, you can access the full CBSE Class 12 Humanities syllabus here.
6. Exam-Taking Strategy For CBSE 12 Board
Here are a few general guidelines for your exam-taking strategy. Start preparing your mock tests like this so that you don’t find it difficult when D-day comes.
1. How to divide time?
As your class 12 board exam preparation strategy, allot specific time to each subject. Doing so reduces boredom as you cover the entire syllabus on time and in a structured way.
2. Which questions to tackle first?
First, go through the entire question paper properly. Jot down which questions are easier to answer and which are tough. In exams, tackle the most difficult questions first, as they take the most time and mental energy. Once that’s done, move on to the easier ones.
3. How to attempt the questions?
Underline, highlight or mark the questions you think you have the answers to without thinking. Write a few keywords on the question paper so that you don’t forget the major points you need to cover when you start writing.
Ace Your Exam With These 6 Study Tips For Class 12 Humanities Students
We hope these 6 study tips for class 12 Humanities students for board exam 2022-23 are helpful.
If you still have any questions regarding how to prepare for CBSE board class 12, contact us at [email protected] ✌🏽
Oswal Gurukul is rooting for your success! 😎