Hello, CBSE class 12 PCB & PCM students: Do you want to know how to score good marks in 12th boards Science exam?
You’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll guide you on how to prepare for 12th board exams with a step-by-step study plan to help you ace them.
We’ve divided sections into study tips for class 12 Science students: Study tips for class 12 Science PCM & study tips for class 12 Science PCB.
Class 12 boards are a crucial time in any student’s life, so you must study to not only score good results but also have the career you want. For that, laying a strong foundation is of utmost importance.
To know how to score good marks in 12th boards Science, you first need to organize your syllabus properly. This starts with knowing your Science syllabus. Once you’ve identified it, try to complete it by November, so you’ll have ample time to practice and take tests.
Scoring good marks in your class 12 PCM or PCB paper is easy when you properly structure your study schedule. And how to prepare for 12th board exams Commerce?
By strengthening your basics.
So, to help you score 90+ in your 2022–23 CBSE board exams, we’ve listed the proven 6 study tips for class 12 Science students per subject so you can prepare smartly.
Here are the top study tips for class 12 science Students, following which you can score good marks in 12th boards in PCM & PCB.
Time Management Tips For Class 12 Science Students
You should not just seek answers on how to pass the 12th board exam.
But rather, how to top in class 12.
Time management is one of the most important class 12 board preparation tips. In this blog, we’ve written everything you need to know on how to score good marks in 12th boards Science. No more last-minute studying, stress, anxiety, and doubts.
Here are 2 ways you can manage your time:
- Macroscopic time management (yearly)
- Microscopic time management (daily)
A. Macroscopic time management
Let’s understand why macroscopic time management and answer your burning question of how to prepare for board exams class 12.
See, the majority of students think they have enough time, so you leave everything to the last moment. But the problem with such thinking is that you might *think* you have enough time, but you don’t.
You have time, but you waste time thinking and postponing and saying you’ll do it later.
But… that later never comes.
Right? Don’t you agree that you’ve done this too?
Ok, no more doing that now. Because, to prepare for class 12 board exams, you must study on time.
Studying on time means sticking to a schedule, daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly.
No more anxiety, stress, and doubts. To help you study smartly for your board 12 exams 2022-23, you first must understand the CBSE syllabus for class 12 Science. The syllabus will help you determine what you need to prioritize and will save you from cramming right before the exams.
There are 5 subjects in class 12 CBSE Science:
- PCB: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English, and Physical Education.
- PCM: Physics, Chemistry, Math, English, and Physical Education.
Here’s the entire updated syllabus for each of the Science subjects:
- CBSE Class XII Syllabus 2022-23 For Physics
- CBSE Class XII Syllabus 2022-23 For Chemistry
- CBSE Class XII Syllabus 2022-23 For Biology
- CBSE Class XII Syllabus 2022-23 For English Core
- CBSE Class XII Syllabus 2022-23 For Physical Education
- CBSE Class XII Syllabus 2022-23 For Mathematics
- CBSE Class XII Syllabus 2022-23 For Applied Mathematics
Read more about the Class 12 Syllabus Pattern for New Academic Session 2022 – 2023 here.
Best way to study for 12th boards: Write the syllabus, download this study planner, and fill in the details weekly or monthly. This will become your guide.
After stating which chapter you’re studying, explain how you apply what you’ve studied.
- Like, in Math, how many questions were you able to solve in 30 mins?
- How much time do you need to revise?
- Give yourself tests to assess if what you’ve studied is helping you.
To know how to score good marks in 12th boards Science, you need to be consistent in your studying.
Then, revise with Oswal – Gurukul’s Science (PCB) Last Years’ 10 Solved Papers CBSE Class 12 For 2023 Exam and Science (PCM) Last Years’ 10 Solved Papers CBSE Class 12 For Exam 2023.
- For class 12 PCB students, you can refer to CBSE Question Bank Class 12 Bundles (Set Of 3) Physics, Chemistry & Biology For Exam 2023
- Class 12 PCM students may refer to the CBSE Question Bank Class 12 Bundles (Set Of 3) Physics, Chemistry & Math For Exam 2023
For students who are self-studying, all these books are as per the updated CBSE guidelines with detailed analysis and summaries that will help you understand the core concepts.
B. Microscopic time management (daily)
Microscopic time management is one of the most productive board exam tips for class 12 as when you know what you’re required to do daily, you have better control of your time.
You must make a routine and stick to it every day.
A few suggestions:
- Wake up by sunrise
- Sleep by 10 pm
- Daily workout
- Study properly for 5-6 hours.
- Make time for your hobby so you don’t feel burned out.
- Meditate and relax, so you don’t feel stressed.
C. Extra resources
Few other important study tips for class 12 Science students are to have a handy list of apps, time tracking tools, daily logs, and resources.
List of study apps and online resources:
- Go to Oswal.io – A digital assessment guide will help you identify your strengths and weaknesses. You can design your tests and improve your preparation by taking more tests.
- Doubtnut – Doubt in Math, Biology, Physics, Chemistry? Go to Doubtnut, and you’ll get your problems solved in minutes.
- Wonderslate – Provides premium course materials. So if you’re self-studying, download their app or go to this link and sign up.
To track your time, install time-tracking tools like:
- Forest app
- Study for 25 mins, then take 5 mins break. Then again, study for 25 mins, followed by a 5 min break. Repeat this for 4 cycles to complete 1 Pomodoro.
Syllabus-Wise Planning Study Tips For Class 12 To Score 90+ In CBSE Board Exam 2022-23
The question of how to score good marks in 12th boards Science will not bother you once you start preparing your studies by syllabus-wise planning.
Let’s understand some core concepts first:
A. What is syllabus-wise planning?
Syllabus-wise planning means you check the details of the topics of each chapter of every subject. Syllabus-wise studying helps plan in advance about which chapter or topic you will be studying first.
B. Why does it work?
The reason why many students prefer syllabus-wise is because it gives you a structured format, so it becomes easy to complete your full syllabus. When you complete the full syllabus, you become more confident and have greater control of your time.
You study in a pressure-free environment and know which chapter needs the utmost attention.
C. How to prepare for class 12 board exams by syllabus-wise planning?
If you’re thinking about how to prepare for 12th board exams Science, here are subject and syllabus-wise study tips:
- How to prepare for board exams class 12 subject: Chemistry
As you know, the CBSE Science exam is of:
Theoretical: 70 marks
Practicals: 30 marks
Chemistry syllabus 2022-23 is:
- Chemical Kinetics
- Coordination Compounds
- d -and f -Block Elements
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
Download the complete CBSE class 12 Chemistry syllabus here.
Here are some study tips for class 12th Science students to prepare Chemistry smartly:
- Make a chart of the periodic table on your study table, so you remember it easily.
- Stick to studying from only 1 source. Whether it is from books or online. Referring to a lot of study materials will confuse and overwhelm you.
- Chemistry requires full concentration in solving balancing equations and formulas, so keep your focus intact all time.
- Solve a lot of questions from the Chemistry Question Bank CBSE for Class 12. It has sample papers that will help you strengthen your basics.
- How to prepare for board exams class 12 subject: Physics
Important topics in Physics for Class 12 CBSE exam:
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
Download the complete CBSE class 12 Physics syllabus here.
Here are some study tips for class 12th Science students to prepare Physics smartly:
- Electrostatics, Electromagnetic Waves, and Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism are 3 important topics in this year’s exam. So focus on improving your concepts to get good marks in the Physics exam.
- Put your descriptive answers in points and illustrations as much as possible.
- For long answer-type questions, before starting, write an outline of the concepts you’ll be covering to avoid overwriting or underwriting. Doing this helps save time when you finally begin answering that question.
- Don’t cram-study. It is not an effective way of studying. Instead, learn the concepts, test the Physics lessons in real life, and study from this question bank. It has many examples and experiments you can do at home that will help you learn the theory and practicalities.
- How to score good marks in 12th boards science subject: Math
Here are some study tips for class 12th Science students to prepare Maths effectively:
- Learn the formulas by heart.
- Total theoretical exam is 80 marks. So, focus on mastering the higher-weightage chapters, i.e.,
- Calculus (35 marks)
- Vectors and Three – Dimensional Geometry (14 marks)
- Algebra (10 marks)
- Relations and Functions (8 marks)
- Linear Programming (5 marks)
- Probability (8 marks)
- Practice the derivation of the formulas and apply them properly. Keep a timer when solving questions to assess which questions are taking the maximum time.
- Keep a timer when solving questions to assess which questions are taking maximum time.
- Solving questions from THE Mathematics Question Bank CBSE for Class 12 is a good preparation strategy.
- How to prepare for 12th board exams subject: Biology
Important topics for CBSE class 12 Biology are:
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and its Applications
- Ecology and Environment
Download the complete CBSE class 12 Biology syllabus here.
Here are some study tips for class 12th Science students to prepare Biology and score 90+ marks:
- Get familiar with the question pattern and marking scheme by solving questions and solving papers from Oswal – Gurukul’s Biology Question Bank CBSE Class 12 For 2023 Exam.
- Draw diagrams and memorize the scientific names properly. Use mnemonics to remember.
- Stick to the updated syllabus and do only what’s repeated in the last 10 years’ question papers.
- How to prepare for class 12 board exams Science subject: English
As you know, the CBSE English syllabus 2022-23 is:
- Reading Comprehension through Unseen Passage
- Grammar and Creative Writing
- Literature chapters from books like Flamingo and Vistas
Here are some smart study tips for class 12th Science students to prepare for English:
- Write daily and read aloud what you write. This will improve your speaking, writing, and listening skills.
- Work on improving your English spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- You must refer to English Core Question Bank CBSE Class 12 For 2023 Exam by Oswal – Gurukul. This question bank has a chapter-wise summary for easy revision.
Download the complete class 12 English syllabus here.
- How to prepare for class 12 board exams subject: Physical Education
Download the complete CBSE class 12 Physical Education syllabus here.
You can refer to this textbook for Physical Education which covers all the important topics and chapters that will come in your CBSE exam 2022-23.
Daily Rituals For CBSE Class 12 Science Students
One of the most important study tips for class 12 Science students is to follow a routine.
Follow a routine to maintain a healthy lifestyle and not feel lethargic after long hours of studying:
- Quality study matters. What’s the use of 5-6 hours of study when you cannot remember what you’ve studied when you’re revising, right?
- After completing each chapter, stand in front of the mirror, record yourself, or narrate what you’ve studied to your parents. Doing this is good for revision and helps you assess whether what you’ve studied.
- Play soothing music while memorizing any Math or Chemistry formulas.
- Drink a minimum 4 liters of water. Staying hydrated improves memory.
- Workout, practice meditation, and gratitude.
- Sleep on time and get up on time.
- Use mobile but with limitations. See, your class 12 boards will come only once in your life, so give it your best as it’ll benefit your career.
- Have a healthy breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Make study goals and follow your timetable properly.
- Keeping an organized study table improves your concentration, minimizes distractions, and makes you feel more productive. This is one of the most important study tips for class 12 students.
How To Top In Class 12: Evaluate Your Preparation Strategy
See, there is no one best way to study for 12 board exams. You have to understand and do the thing that works the best for you.
You may read 10 blogs and read 100 study tips for class 12 Science students. So, it is very important to evaluate what you’ve studied.
Undoubtedly, how to prepare for class 12 board exams depends on what suits you, your routine, and your study habits.
A few ways to evaluate your class 12 preparation strategy:
- Never cram-study. Don’t try to mug what you’re studying. Learn, and understand the core concepts.
- Self-study first and then group study. Study groups help in refining what you’ve studied and make you more confident and comfortable with your preparations. But don’t overdo it. Once or twice a month is enough.
- Always write an outline of what you’re going to study, and then after you’ve finished that chapter, write in your own words what you’ve learned.
- Read the question papers thoroughly. See whether it is asking you to answer in long or short format.
- Try to find clues in the exam paper.
Practice Materials For CBSE Class 12 Science To Prepare For Board Exam 2022-23
Students of CBSE class 12 Science PCM & PCB, we’ve curated a list of
- Question Bank
- 10 Years Solved Papers
|Last 10 Years Solved Papers CBSE Class 12 Science||Question Bank for CBSE board exam Class 12 ||Bundles for CBSE class 12 Science |
|Science (PCM) Last Years 10 Solved Papers CBSE Class 12 For Exam 2023 |
Science (PCB) Last Years 10 Solved Papers CBSE Class 12 For 2023 Exam
|Physics Question Bank |
Chemistry Question Bank
Biology Question Bank
English Question Bank
Mathematics Question Bank
|Most Likely CBSE Question Bank Class 12 Bundles (Set Of 3) Physics, Chemistry & Maths For Exam 2023|
Most Likely CBSE Question Bank Class 12 Bundles (Set Of 3) Physics, Chemistry & Biology For Exam 2023
Exam-Taking Strategy For CBSE 12 Board Science Students
Here are a few exam-taking strategy study tips for class 12 Science students:
1. How to divide time?
Divide each subject into small parts and note each chapter/topic you’ll be covering daily. Allot 2 hours for each subject. Not more than that.
2. Which questions to tackle first?
Tackle the most difficult questions first, as it might take some of your time. After you’ve done that, shift to questions you think are easier.
3. How to attempt the questions?
In Math, make rough calculations. Underline, highlight, or mark the questions you think you have the answers to without thinking. Write a few keywords on the question paper so that you don’t forget the major points you need to cover when you start writing.
Rock On With These Study Tips For Class 12 Science Students
We hope these 6 study tips for class 12 Science students for board exam 2022-23 will be helpful!